You can type here any text you want

What chip to run on 91 octane CA GAS?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

litz

Looking at buying a built GN off this site, concerned about not being able to run 93 octane as the best available here in CA is 91 at the pumps. The car will be driven daily, needs to be able to function on 91, and when raced will get race gass or AV gas mixed in. Any suggestions on what chip to go with?

"1987 GN 50,000 Miles, rebuilt motor by RPE in conn., new 70mm turbo,new70 mm polished t/b, plenum, pte front mount with polished pipes,218 comp cam,champion race ported iron heads,50lb delphi injecters,Joe Lubrant race & street chips,hot wire kit,ported intake,studded &capped,new ATR down pipe with deltagate,new boost contoller in car,line lock,air bags,comp. engineering drag shocks in front 3 way adjustable, edelbrock ias shocks in rear,new eaton posi unit with new 373 gears,TA rear cover,moser 28 spline axles with long studs,s-10 wheel cyls,dual exhaust with stainless mufflers,no cat,dump pipe,rebuilt trans 150 miles on it, billet servo,new 9 inch 3500 non lock converter,new remote trans filter, new race trans cooler"

Any suggestions are appreciated.

The exact chip to use? I dunno, there are a lot of differing opinions. Here in Vegas we run 91 octane also, and my car doesn't like anything over 18* of base timing. I would give Ramchargers a call and see what they have programmed for setups similar to yours in Cali.

Peter

Ive run Thrasher and Jim Testa on 91 octane. Ive also used a Jay Carter 93, but I only could run around 14psi of boost because its a 20* timing chip. Thrashers are 18*, and my Testa chip was also set at 18*. HTH

thanks for the input. I see I have a few choices and will have to figure out what will work best for me.

Back