You can type here any text you want

What convertor for my set-up??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wordy1

Basically what I'd like to know is how a higher stall, like a 3000, will help with my combo.. and is it worth the extra $300 expense?

spend more money

I’m really not knowledgeable enough to say what’s best for your setup. However I’ve had three converters in my car now and they are not all created equal. I bought a $300/3000 rpm converter and it stalled about 2200 rpm. I recently bought a $730/3000 rpm converter and it stalls around 28/2900 rpm. The $300 dollar convert was not much of an improvement over stock. If you’re set on the $300 converter I’ve got an orange stripe with less than 1000 miles on it. Make an offer and it’s yours. Spend the money and get a good converter and you will not believe the difference it makes in your car.

Chad

What kind of difference can I expect. the convertor I can get is a PTS 9/11 lockup 3000 stall. What can I expect as the actual stall speed?

converter

I had a $300 orange stripe 3000 stall with a ta49 and it spooled real fast. Locked it up 1 time and fried the converter. Bought a Precision 3000 stall the 49 spooled almost too fast. A good converter makes a big difference. As for the PTS I have not used one, but alot of poeople on this board use them and like them.

Can I lock this convertor up in 2nd without worry of blowing it up? Would it be a good idea to get an external tranny cooler once I get this convertor?

Will it work well with the Turbo / cam I have??

Can I lock this convertor up in 2nd without worry of blowing it up? Would it be a good idea to get an external tranny cooler once I get this convertor?

Always a good idea to cool off the trans fluid regardless, but yes, especially with a higher stall converter, throw on a cooler.

Frankly I think the 9/11 converters are still a bit heavy and you'd benefit more to save up an extra $100 or so and try to get a 10" or something like that.

Save some more and add it to that $300.
There is a sea of great converters out there in the $500 range that'll work fantastic for you. Most are excellent street/strip 10"-ers.

I have a Pat's 10" lock-up 3000-3200 on the way.
Was under $530 shipped.
Great folks, great product.
Can't wait to ditch my restalled D5 and get a REAL converter in my car!

What kind of difference can I expect. the convertor I can get is a PTS 9/11 lockup 3000 stall. What can I expect as the actual stall speed?

you can expect a big difference with a good converter..Look into a Pats.I have the 10 inch 3200 stall with a stock turbo and I get instant response but does not feel loose.under normal street driving you cant even tell its there..Ps those are pretty impressive numbers how does that TA 60 spool?

ive had excellent results from

West Coast Converter - Torque Converters With Attitude!

under 500 bucks

3000-3500 stall " which ever you want" with lockup

ttypelauch.jpg

cant go wrong with the PTS 3,000. im running a PTS billet 3,000 flash and i can stall my car to whatever boost i want on the ebrake.

you can expect a big difference with a good converter..Look into a Pats.I have the 10 inch 3200 stall with a stock turbo and I get instant response but does not feel loose.under normal street driving you cant even tell its there..Ps those are pretty impressive numbers how does that TA 60 spool?

The TA-60 spools a little late, but is totally streetable, just need to get on it more on the street, would be nice to have a more immediate response though.

Back