What do yall think?

"Reaper"

Gone To The Dark Side
For real or Not? I have my car up for sale on Autotrade.com

Hello Seller,

In response to your item posted for sale. I am an agent interested in making an immediate purchase of it.

After several consideration over the advert placed on the website, my client who has really shown interest in it and would want to issue the payment.

But before I proceed on this transaction I will like to ask some question as follows.

1. Is the condition of the item what you have describe it to be ?

2. What is the final asking prize you can go at last ?

3. Do you accept a certified cheque as a mode of payment ?

4,Can the picture send to me via email for proper view?

Also I would like to restate clearly that this item will be shipped to Australia and I have a shipping agent who would take good care of this. You are to cash the Check you will recieve and deduct the funds for the sales of your item and please have the excess funds sent to the shipping agent in order to schedule the pick up of the item.

All neccesary transfer papers will be dully signed by the shipper on behalf of my client when the shipping agents comes for the pick up of the item .

I will be willing to entertain more of your questions that might arise, please provide your CONTACT NAME,ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER so that I can have it forwarded to my client for immediate payment issuance

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Osram Slam

Yes run. Scam. I got a similar email when I tried to sell Escalade center caps on craigslist. :rolleyes:

Scam I Read Someting Simmilar In A Camaro Mag. About A Year Ago Tell Him To Pay You First Then He Can Send The Shipper And You Will Give The Shipper The Title Only If The Check Clears And They Dont Take It Out Of Your Account You Should Not Give Anything To Shipper It Is A Scam

You really have to wonder if people really fall for this **it!!:mad: These idiots just won't go away. Scumbags............;)

Ken B.

Look at the words they use. 100% scam. 100% sure that they are out of the country. Run the opposite way!

Just for the hell of it, tell him that the car doesn't match the description. Tell him that there is a big dent in the passenger door. Tell him that the price also went up, since you had a local offer of more. See if he still goes for it. I bet he does. After all, he will still be getting a car for free.

SCAM

Ok I thought What the HELL I'll play along...So I gave him my work addy to send the check to.If it comes I will take it to the bank and see what they think. If It is a scam I will have something to post on here as I will frame it and put it on the wall...LOL

This is what he sent back

Hello Shaun,

Thanks for your mail i will update you as soon as the payment is confirm send ok.

Have anice day.

Regards

Osram Slam

You have to be careful. From what I have heard of these scams in the past: The reason this scam works is that the bank will clear the check and give you the money. You will have to wait a few days since it is from out of the country. They give you the money, and then you take a portion of it to ship out the car, because you think, "Well the bank gave me the money, so the check must have been good." But, since the check is international, it takes longer for them to find out that it is fake. Once they do, they come after you for the money. They pull what ever money is left in your account. You owe them for the amount you have already taken from it, and your car is now gone.
If you do a search for this type of scam, you should be able to find info on it.

they dont want the car they want the overage from the "check " they send you. some banks have pressed charges against the victim.

scam

total scam....i posted some old never tried on nike jordans that i have on craigslist....shoe freak yes i am as i should say......i had a similiar email saying that i will give u 1500 bucks and ill pay shipping to the united kingdom nd blah blah ...right so i was just having fun with it i was asking like 400 bucks for those shoes,,nd i gave dude my adress just to see wat the hell these guys really do........2 weeks later i got a check for 3000 dollars .......from some bank in texas or sumtin...i was like wtf this so ridiculous.....but neways yea sounds like a scam.....:D :cool:

they dont want the car they want the overage from the "check " they send you. some banks have pressed charges against the victim.

They want whatever they can get, they're scammers. People fall for it all the time. And yes I'm sure some banks have pressed charges against the victim. The bank wants their $. When you cash or deposit a check, you are taking responsibility for it saying it is good.

What a JOKE here is the lastest........

Hello ,

Goodday! i just heard back from my client, that the payment is around the corner . i was notified that you will be receiving the payment soonest infact to be precise between TODAY the payment is actually coming via UPS courier service. so i will like you to get me updated once you receive it...ok? i understand that no letter was attached with the payment because he sent the payment in a hurry, so no instruction was contained with the payment .....ok? it is pertinent that you follow my instructions contained in this email. the excess funds is to be sent to my shipper that will be coming around to pick the item from you .i have gotten the shipper details ,they are as stated below:

NAME...........DANIEL MARCUS
ADDRESS.....56 HIGHWAY STREET
AKODIRI PORTNOVO
22018 REPUBLIC OF BENIN

TEXT QUESTION........COLOUR OF THE SKY
ANSWER...............BLUE

You are expected to take the payment to your bank or any cashing stores or bereau de change around you for immediate cash. as soon as you have the cash at hands, deduct the amount for your item and the $100 my client promise to compesate you for the whole delay and send all the rest funds in US dollars to my shipper via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER. the western union charges should be deducted from the excess funds ....ok? i am sure you will get a western union outlet around you there. make sure you send to me the transfer information( i.e SENDER NAME,RECIVER NAME, MTCN, question and answer if there is any, amount sent after western union charges.) via email as soon as the transfer is made via western union money transfer. immediately my shipper receives the funds , i shall ask him to call you on the phone ; both of you can discuss a convenient pick up time and location of the item.

Please i will like you to email me immediately you have this email so that i can get updated about things from your end and also confirm to me that you got my email . i am assuming that this transaction will be completed in a timely manner without any delay. so you are free to proceed to the necessary exercise soon as you receive payment and hopeful to hear from you immediately.

I await your quick response and ever grateful for your patience
and understanding.

Many Thanks.

Holly s%%T. My question is how does the bank issue money to a fake check? They never issue funds untill the check clears. The scammer seems to think that Reaper will have no problem getting this payment cleared on the spot? How and Why?

My banker wife says....

It was once standard practice to accept, and cash, any cashiers and/or money order. However, most banks are starting to put holds on the checks to ensure they clear. The reason this scam works is most banks will cash the check and clear the funds to your account. Once the check is determined to be counterfeit the depositor will be responsible for the funds. This can take up to week.

evaddave