What do ya'll think

poppy1440

I made only one pass and it was after a 1 hr drive with about 20 minute cool down time.
I did not tune at all. This is how the chip came
24 lbs boost
Tire pressure 18lbs
Driver air bag@ 5
Passenger @ 15
Launch at 3lbs. The most I could build without pushing car

R/t. .550
60'. 1.694
330. 4.856
1/8. 7.563
Mph. 90.37
1000. 9.923
1/4. 11.945
Mph. 110.96

Is there anything I can improve on or am I at my limit. If I am I am extremely satisfied.

0 kr

I made only one pass and it was after a 1 hr drive with about 20 minute cool down time.
I did not tune at all. This is how the chip came
24 lbs boost
Tire pressure 18lbs
Driver air bag@ 5
Passenger @ 15
Launch at 3lbs. The most I could build without pushing car

R/t. .550
60'. 1.694
330. 4.856
1/8. 7.563
Mph. 90.37
1000. 9.923
1/4. 11.945
Mph. 110.96

Is there anything I can improve on or am I at my limit. If I am I am extremely satisfied.

0 kr

I'd drive the car as is for a while and get used to it and let the chip learn. Also do your homework by looking through this board. There is a thread about combos and timeslips and you can look for combos that have a 49 turbo and see how your car stacks up. TT has a forum for the chip you have.

60' can improve. Get larger wheel cylinders for the rear brakes and get large brake shoes for both sides of the rear wheels. Check brake drums for cracks and wear, replace if necessary. These changes should allow you to build higher boost at the line. Also check your proportioning valve, should be brass, if cast piece, get a brass replacement.

Get a recordable scan tool such as Powerlogger which will record your runs and allow you to see where/what you need to adjust to get more power.

Look up some of the performance calculator to see how the car should be running. Wallace Racing Automotive Calculator is a good source. They have a time slip calculator that allows you to put in one item from your timeslip and it shows the ideal MPH and times. BTW, your time slap is virtually identical to their calculation based on your MPH.

I recall reading that these cars can run 11.50 for quite a long time but when you break this barrier, the chances of breaking parts is greatly increased.

Best of luck. I hope you have a great time learning about your car.

I'd drive the car as is for a while and get used to it and let the chip learn. Also do your homework by looking through this board. There is a thread about combos and timeslips and you can look for combos that have a 49 turbo and see how your car stacks up. TT has a forum for the chip you have.

60' can improve. Get larger wheel cylinders for the rear brakes and get large brake shoes for both sides of the rear wheels. Check brake drums for cracks and wear, replace if necessary. These changes should allow you to build higher boost at the line. Also check your proportioning valve, should be brass, if cast piece, get a brass replacement.

Get a recordable scan tool such as Powerlogger which will record your runs and allow you to see where/what you need to adjust to get more power.

Look up some of the performance calculator to see how the car should be running. Wallace Racing Automotive Calculator is a good source. They have a time slip calculator that allows you to put in one item from your timeslip and it shows the ideal MPH and times. BTW, your time slap is virtually identical to their calculation based on your MPH.

I recall reading that these cars can run 11.50 for quite a long time but when you break this barrier, the chances of breaking parts is greatly increased.

Best of luck. I hope you have a great time learning about your car.
Thanks for all the advise. I have a power logger I just forgot to hit the space bar.
I didn't want to push to hard because I was leaving the track and driving 2hrs to cruising the coast in Biloxi Ms.

Thanks for all the advise. I have a power logger I just forgot to hit the space bar.
I didn't want to push to hard because I was leaving the track and driving 2hrs to cruising the coast in Biloxi Ms.

Nice runs. I always consider it a win to make it back home without breaking. What did you have your timing in the chip and gain on the alky controller set at?

I have to look at my paperwork from Eric cause its right out of the box I didn't change anything.
The Alky dial is on six

It's just feels good to finally have a good running car
I've had so many problems but lately I've just been able to enjoy it and it feels great