What do you do for a living?

I'm a xray technician on natural gas pipelines.And when i'm home a beef cattle farmer. nothing finer than a pipeliner :D

Bundy

Hey my father in law is head of Corrosion on pipelines for Kinder Morgan,,,he talks about putting "pigs" in the lines to check for corrosion :)

JOHNDEEREGN said:
Hey my father in law is head of Corrosion on pipelines for Kinder Morgan,,,he talks about putting "pigs" in the lines to check for corrosion :)
to check for Corrosion, or clean Corrosion? I was a foreman for a natural gas pipeline company for 15 years. no I don't miss at all!
funny story we were piging 11 miles of 8" one time, a guy came walking up (his elevator didn't go to the top floor) asked us what we were doing I told him we stuck a pig in the line & we were waiting for him to come out. he asked if he should go call him I said sure have a try. he called that pig for about 10 min. then as soon as he got out of the way that pig came out hauling a**. :biggrin:

Well

I dont know exactly but he oversees all projects so I would say checking for corrosion ;)

But dont know for sure 100% :confused:

I've got seven days left of the Navy, ET2(SS) Nuke type.

Then it's on to unemployment for a while, if this job interview I have this week doesn't work out.

Hey, Shane

Former Navy nuke type here also, (former EM1 surface puke USS Texas
1987-1991). Don't be worried about being unemployed for too long, you
won't believe how much employers value the Naval nuclear power school
education, (even the non-power plant type employers). I said FTN in 1991 and have never looked back. Since I have been out I have gotten every job that I have applied for. That two years of hell (N.P.S) will pay off. I currently
work for General Electric as a industrial electrician, It's not a power plant
job (alot of those are rotating shifts, I'm sure you are familiar with those!)but
the pay is right inline with the powerplants, (unless of course you want to
be a senior reactor operator or greater).By the way, as time goes on you only remember the good times, and the buddies you worked with.
Good luck,

Brownsfan.

Active duty SSgt in the Air Force....

2A572 Helicopter crew chief, but most likely won't be one much longer due to an accident. :(

Salesman for Pepsi Bottling Group, I work in the stores like Publix and Winn Dixie. I sell, fill the shelves, build some of those BIG Lobby display!!!!!!!!!!!

definatly dont have to go to the GYM after a days work.

Alan and I own National Dent Inc, Auto Hail Damage Repair Business. Paintless Dent Repair. We are brothers and TR owners.

Jason

1QuikV6 said:
Sergeant of Marines. Also a 6062 (hyd mech) and 6044 (NDI Tech)
Currently serving 2 tours in Japan.

Looking forward to coming back to the states to be with my family and GN.

Are you kidding me?! I must know you

I'm also a Sergeant... Sgt Morales, was a CPL when i was in oki. How long have you been in oki? I was on the UDP that was there for a year. SSgt dome and ripp were my ncoics in hyd shop.
talk about a small freakin world!

Keep

EM COMING FELLAS :)

SOME GREAT RESPONSES HERE :cool:

THANKS GUYS,,INTERESTING STUFF :biggrin:

cwmccray said:
I am a displaced CTO (Chief Technical Officer). I am currently making FAR, FAR less as a HIS Management Consultant for UAB (University of Alabama - Birmingham) Hospital. Technology dried up here in the South. I have 2 associates, 2 bachelors, and will receive my Masters Degree in March 2006. Sometime, I wonder is it all worth it.. (Butt load of certifications: Novell CNA, Microsoft MCP, A+ tech, RF Wireless tech, CNX, AS, BS, MBA.etc.) Sorry guys.. had to vent :mad:

BTW: Cheapest therapy... 17lbs boost from a GN/T Type :cool:

Hey Chuck. I know what you mean. I've got a BS in Computer Science and one in Network Engineering, with a bunch of certs: Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCP's, A+, Net+. I've been working on my CCNP and looking at going for a Masters in either MIS or Cybersecurity. Having a hard time trying to talk my CIO into paying for some IBM zO/S classes/certs. He seems to think the old timers will be here forever, but they have been talking about retirement for years. One even has a retirement count down timer on his desktop :rolleyes: . In our staff of 12, only 3 under the age of 45 and 3 others under the age of 55. Unless you want to live in Atlanta, the south has no Tech jobs to offer, except entry level pc jobs. :mad:

Broke1, I'd like to have your job. It just doesn't pay enough :D .

I don't really have any cool job.. I just quit at Starbucks. Needless to say, Ill miss the view(of the milfs).

Currently Im enrolled at HSU and will be majoring in PSYCH. My classes are women's studies(you know you love me), Philosophy,Psych,Eng, Math.

I guess I don't have a cool job right now, but in 6-9 years I will.