What do you do for a living?

Artist - specializing in creating designs for packaging. I also do the art for our Chicagoland GS Club shirts, Special Event plates and some of Kirban's shirts.

hmm what i do for a living

I'm a video game tech for a local amusement company. I repair all types of video games, juke boxes or anything that takes a coin :)

Also i'm a part-time paid FireFighter with the City of Randleman for 6.5 yrs

SloGN said:
I'm a video game tech for a local amusement company. I repair all types of video games, juke boxes or anything that takes a coin :)

Also i'm a part-time paid FireFighter with the City of Randleman for 6.5 yrs

Way cool doing the FFing part time (Im a vol who puts in around 30-35 hours a week into it) but cant find a job doing it yet plus Im not old enough (only 18) I love doing it tough unlike 80% of the people who do it :mad: :)

Gov't Manager

I work for Uncle Stupid making sure that where coal is mined it is done in an environmentally safe manner. Retiring in Dec. after 36 years. Three years with USDA, five years with the Secret Service and 28 years with the Interor dept.

Roger

6APPEAL said:
Hey Chuck. I know what you mean. I've got a BS in Computer Science and one in Network Engineering, with a bunch of certs: Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCP's, A+, Net+. I've been working on my CCNP and looking at going for a Masters in either MIS or Cybersecurity. Having a hard time trying to talk my CIO into paying for some IBM zO/S classes/certs. He seems to think the old timers will be here forever, but they have been talking about retirement for years. One even has a retirement count down timer on his desktop :rolleyes: . In our staff of 12, only 3 under the age of 45 and 3 others under the age of 55. Unless you want to live in Atlanta, the south has no Tech jobs to offer, except entry level pc jobs. :mad:

Broke1, I'd like to have your job. It just doesn't pay enough :D .

6APPEAL.. I almost have had thoughts of ATL.. Atlanta, BUT... They have the SMOG POLICE... No where to hunt... But they have great job potential.. I am a major threat in most companies (I am 37, educated and loaded with experience.. Heck I could be around a company 25+ years). I have slowed up my certifications (Basically feeding the CASH COW). The only cert I really want is CERTIFIED TURBO BUICK FEIN... If a GN/T TYPE was a drug.. all of us would be in rehab..some of more than others... :cool:

Broke1: I would like your job also!!!! :cool: If I were retired.. my check would probably be going to "SAMMY'S" on Valley Avenue... :biggrin:

What I do for a living as of now is'nt even worth mentioning. :eek: but I just took a test for NJ Transit to be a Locomotive Engineer. :p

tom j said:
vertical transportation engineer, Aka elevator mechanic
Well then I must be an "Environmental Apperance Machinery Engineer" aka small engine mechanic, lawnmower repair

Heavy equipment mechanic for the City of Los angleles www.lawa.org.
I work on mostly street paving equipment such as profilers ,rollers pavers, lng powered dump trucks ,sweepers & skip loaders.

Sometimes i work on my gn also.. :biggrin:

I am a Product Engineer for Honeywell. I'm currently responsible for about 300 different Pneumatic Control Valves.

I am what is referred to as a dual status military technician. It is a job that requires me to maintain membership in the active reserve to be able to keep my civilian job.

Civilian Job: Mobile equipment Inspector, Fort Polk, La.
Military job: 8 years active, The rest Reserve. Called up twice since being in the reserve. Currently serving on active duty as an instructor at Ft. Hood Tx.

And proud to do so. ;)

Currently working as an Electrical & Instrumentation Tech at a plant that converts coal into synthetic natural gas. Although, that could change....

Retired(as of 8/10/05) Senior service tech. for Vectren Energy Delivery of Ohio (and did I mention I'm retired?!! ) :biggrin: ..

My official title is systems progammer III.

I work for www.citrix.com doing automated server builds for our internal global Metaframe farm.

Typical boring computer work that pays the bills.

Doug D