what do you think

garrett

I really want to take my car to a dyno while the weather is cool in Florida. I'm waiting on a friend who just finished his project so we can go together. As of now I don't have any Hp or torque numbers, but I wonder how well my car will do at a quarter mile track? I built it to be a street car, so I didn't go wild on anything. It makes a good solid 20lbs of boost with no knock and it is a light weight- hard top car with a stereo and AC as the only options. I probably added some weight by bracing the car in the front, but the car does have a light weight starter, aluminum bumper supports front and rear, aluminum drums, aluminum torque thrust wheels. The tires out back are 255/50ZR16 Sumitomo HTR Z. They are not a drag radial, but they are suppose to have pretty good grip. I will add Moser axles and ARP wheel studs to my recipe before I go to the track.
I hopeing for mid to low 12s, any opinions?

Properly tuned... with a good 60' time ought to get you mid 12's... on 20 psi....

Add alky... and crank the boost some.... maybe high 11's... good air.. and good 60' time.

alcohol

If I had a Razor's alchy system like you have, I would be more inclined to crank up the boost more. I have the latest SMC system and I know it doesn't work as well as the Razor's system. I might be able to get more out of it, but it's not worth the risk to me. I've already blew the head gaskets once. I may add some race gas to the tank when I go to the track. I combo of some race gas, some 93 octane and methanol migt allow me to turn it up some.

I completely missed the alky you have in your sig....

I am partial to my AlkyControl kit from Razor.... I ran mid 12's the first time to the track on about 23 psi..... with a mediocre 60' time... on the stock motor and turbo.... these cars will really haul the mail with sticky tires and tuning...

tires and tuning

With that said, I may be able to barrow some drag radials or slicks from some friends. I also may ger the HNR parts rear sway bar system if I can come up with the $ by then.

With that said, I may be able to barrow some drag radials or slicks from some friends. I also may ger the HNR parts rear sway bar system if I can come up with the $ by then.

I'll tell you I love my HR Parts bar... it helps for drag racing... and street driving.... but I don't think it is necessary to cut a good 60' time.... there are alot of guys that have cut 1.50's with just an airbag... so don't feel obligated to purchase one... but they are an awesome piece.... that keeps the car from twisting all up on a hard launch.