What does it need?

DKREDT

I have a 87 T with 77K miles. The tranny is virgin other than filter changes. It seems like the tranny slides from 1-2 under heavy acceleration. I was hoping a fluid change would help some. At the same time of the filter change I swapped out a bad TCC and installed a big B&M cooler to help out from that end. When I pulled the pan there was not any chunks of anything anywhere, just some sludge hanging around the magnet. I have adjusted the TV cable also, which creates firmer, but delayed shifts.

How firm should a factory 200R4 shift?

Is it rebuild time?

Thanks,

Joel

Ck the int accumulator spring. It is under pan in the aluminum housing towards the back. If it is broken or weak it will do that. I reccommend with that many miles why dont you change the teflon seal and I'll give you a new spring and reassemble to see if you can get what it is you want out of it at this point. Would mean dropping pan and new fluid but at this point you should already have your drain plug installed so it should not be that bad.
Another thing to check is too see if you are cavitating it. Put line pressure gauge on and take for a ride. See if pressure fluctuates under accell.

Good Luck

Bruce
We4
www.ptsnctb.com