You can type here any text you want

what does it take to install a Quarter Stick?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I am looking to install a Quarter Stick in my T Type just for a more positive shift feel and plus they look damn cool. How hard are these to install and what all is needed to do so? Is this something I can do in a few hours in the driveway?!?!!? Also, who has these puppies the cheapest?
Thanks

This what I went by and it worked out perfect

http://www.turbobuicknewsletter.com/shifterarticles/index.html#page_4

The only variation I did was where it calls for a ¾" piece of billet stock to mate the back part of the Qstick to the stock shifter bracket, I used ¾" steel spacers instead. Some guys have a hard time getting the linkage bracket arm right but I didn't have that problem. I welded the bracket arm to the stock bracket arm and it retains the stock neutral safety switch and the reverse light switch. Jegs or Summit has the cheapest price at $209 but through Summit it is usually special order whereas Jegs has them in stock. I got mine from Jegs. I've had it in for 3 years now and it is great. This was the 3rd aftermarket shifter I had in the car and I like this one the best as far as functionality and looks. Previously used the Hurst ProMatic2 and a B&M Hammer shifter.

Back