You can type here any text you want

What does it take to put a tta into the 10,s ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotaone

What turbo, injectors, IC, etc. would I need to
run high ten`s in my TTA. Can it be done on
stock heads? I would like to keep the car
streetable also.

Thanks
James

11s to 10s

we would reccomend the following upgrades to your car, sure some may have other opinions, but this package we believe will offer the most versatility, etc

T66, TE45a turbo.....sure you could get away with te44, pt51/54, etc.....but we believe the 66 or 45a will offer you the most capability to upgrade, another plus is their efficiency.

Street car? alchohol injection.....dual nozzle will offer you the most versatility with "mixed" fuels (pump gas/av fuel/110/114/116/120 octane) and allow you optimum tuneability RIGHT off the street.

intercooler, yes it can be done on a TTA with a big-neck, but we would reccomend either our 13 or 15-row units....we also offer a 17 row TTA specific intercooler that raises the core/offering much needed ground clearance 3 FULL INCHES above that of the 15-row unit.....you are going to need intercooler efficiency trying 10s with unported heads

205/210 cam/not absolutely necessary, but again....allows you to meet your goals with LESS boost, keeping the reliability factor in the picture. Head work will offer noticeable power gains with this cam/proven... Also, full race ported heads are not absolutely necessary on a high 10 second 3.8turbo.....simply gasket matching, valve job/matching bowl work you will get the most gains from......I would say 80% of flow/velocity gains in tta &8445 heads are found in bowl work.

Siemens 55lb/hr injectors, these babies will be effective into the mid-low 10s on the Fbody.

modified stock ECM, required with these injectors

3.5 MAF with 4" ends, again not absolutely necessary.....just helps get to your goal more effectively

Translator Plus (needed for use with the LT-1/LS1 sensor, also allows you to tune timing and fuel curves to optimize performance/anti detonation/alky tuning etc........almost eliminates the need to burn 5-10 chips to get it right.

stock plenum with PP, or MPE sheetmetal plenum

http://measeperformance.com/gn_plenum_tb.html

Good luck with your ventures, and remember.....tuning is the SINGLE most important aspect of going fast with the LC2 motor.....we see many customers (now) come to us with GN1s, JE's , girdle, capped motors with T66, T70 turbos...........and

:rolleyes: their cars will not leave the 12s:eek:

Regards, <KM>@MPE

oops....almost forgot!

good 3" single shot and an MPE integral wastegated 3" stainless TTA downpipe (replaces the stock elbow)

thanks, <KM>;) :p

What does it take to put a tta into the 10,s?

Keith, thanks for your very helpful advise.
This is my first turbo car and I need all
the help that I can get. I hope you don`t
mind if I call on you in the future for more
advise.

James

pointer

Just remember that there is always a different opinion, and its always good to check out other experiences before deciding on a package...

hope this helps, <KM@>MPE

Well I can kinda speak from experience here..

First is seat time...unless you know how to extract that last .001 out of your combination..build a 9 second car to run 10's.

Secondly..the stock TTA intercooler has been to 132 trap speed...

Third..your gonna have to move some air through the motor..cam and heads..te45 turbo..3500 stall converter..slicks..c16 race gas..

On stock heads and cam..your going to have to blow upwards of 30 PSI to get ya into the high 10's at 128..this is danger land for the block,head gaskets, etc..then you want streetability..hehe..that big of a converter is going to heat up the fluid. The car will become inpractical..

11.50's are better attained and more reliable..careful what ya ask for..Most of the TTA that I know of in that range or faster have either been stage motors or broken all the time.

HTH

Back