What ET should i expect? (I know you hate that question)

dboosted1

All the performace car owners from my work are going to the track june 5th and lots of trash talk has insued. I on the other hand have been keeping my mouth shut and am going to let my times do the talking. These are my mods. I know there are millions of variables but i would appreciate some predictions. What should I expect on street tires? thanks

40k limited w/
cheetah turbo (looks a little smaller/similar to a te44)
eastern front mount i/c
009 injectors
009 thrasher 108 chip
afpr
walbro/hot wire
3" exhaust-no cat
110 octane

I am thinking of running at 18psi and if I am not seeing knock 20psi. Am i crazy to be wishing for 12.9 to 13.30s? thanks again.

With a 51 and otherwise similar combo I was lucky to get into the high 12's with street tires. I got a set of BFG DR and dropped my times by over half a second. Do yourself a favor and go with a good set of tires. It will be less frustrating and safer.

Ever spin your tires at 70MPH with slight fishtail.:eek:

Originally posted by dboosted1

I am thinking of running at 18psi and if I am not seeing knock 20psi. Am i crazy to be wishing for 12.9 to 13.30s? thanks again.
That is bone stock territory on radials. If you will only use radials don't expect better than 12.4 but with some decent tires that combo should go an 0 to high 11's with traction.

Have you ever drag raced before?

I went for the first time yesterday. :)

If you can't 60 ft. you won't be anywhere near 12.4.

I had Nittos and only had 3 out of 10 "good" 60ft. times.
Make sure the rear brakes are good and can hold boost at the line. Learned that one yesterday too. :)

If you can drive and it's tuned and cool out I would guess 12.8 or so.

Of course the 2.1K feet elevation we were at didn't help either. ;)

I agree with getting sticky tires on there!

Running on street tires is like pis$ing in the wind. Don't bother. Get some slicks or at least DR's and kick some ass.

Here's what happened to me using 255x50x16 BFG radials which were fairly worn, (non drag radials). At 20 psi on street pit bull chip. with a race gas mix. I ran a 2.44 60 ft, 9.16 1/8, and a 107.6mph. Not exactly rep. the TR crowd well. The 2nd gear shift of my home bilt 700 r4 put me stupid sideways. Drag radials, oh yes , drag radials!
Any idea of what my times should be on dr's? It was kinda cool reeling in my '80 Camara competiter though.

You didn't say what type of "street tires" you'd be running? How about downpipe and/or torque convertor?

With 110 octane and that frontmount of yours, 20psi will be NO PROBLEM - assuming you have some decent tire on the back (275/50/15, etc.)

I'd pump it up to about 22#'s, depending of tires leave on 0 boost (maybe 2000RPM for consistency), and let it fly. Somewhere in the mid/low 12's shouldn't be tough to reach.

I ran a 12.51 @ 107mph (1.72 60') in my "street trim" & REAL radials (36# bluetops, Thrasher 92 chip, stock IC, 20psi @ the traps, 295/15/15 BFG Comp TA Radials).

Make sure you've got the octane, practice your launches, and give 'em hell!!

-Banning.

I have the stock converter and just bought a 3" THDP althought I do not think it will arrive and be installed before the 5th so I will be running the stock unported/elbow downpipe.

The tires are less then desirable with 255-50-16's! I just ordered scanmaster and if I have the cash i will get som DR's before that wednesday. I was tinking of some 265-55-16's but not qwite sure. Thanks for the responces. ukau