What ET's should I expect?>>

O

ohiogn

I am heading to the track this Friday and wonder what ETs I should be shooting for? Here is my setup:
TE-44
XP plus pump
009 Injectors
Jay Jackson TB and Upper plenum
Adjustable FPR
Nitt0 275/50/15 DR's
Poston Headers
NGK Plugs (1 heat range colder than stock)
3" Down pipe
ATR 2.5" dual exhaust
Red Armstrong 93 chip
ADJ boost controller
Scan Master...
Valvesprings/timing chain replaced
I might be forgetting a thing or two, but I am just going to add octane boost and shoot for 17-18lbs of boost.....

Also, what kind of ETs should I expect after i install alky injection and try for about 24-25lbs of boost?

The car is a fully optioned (t-top) 87 GN.
Thanks for any help

If you run Exactly how you described, shoot for 12.99 with a 9 but expect low 13's at 103 - 105.

93 chips, octane booster and low boost aren't the way to quick ET's. Using race gas, a race chip and using 22-23 psi will be a lot quicker (as in 1 to 1.5 seconds quicker).

Forget the octane booster. Use racegas or at least xylene, and try to get your boost up to 20 psi minimum. That turbo needs to get into its efficiency range and 17-18psi is not it. You should then be able to reach the 12's. You will need more power on the top end to overcome the lasck of traction that the DR's have.

So I should >>

Forget about "street trim" and put in the 108 chip and turn up the boost to 20-21psi,a nd pump out the street gas and add 110 race gas. What Fuel Pressure should I use as a baseline?

Also, how long does it take for the car to "learn" the chip? I cant really put it in at home because I wont have race gas until i get to the track, and if I put it in at the track, the car wont have time to learn the chip.

Thanks

Re: So I should >>

Originally posted by ohiogn
Also, how long does it take for the car to "learn" the chip? I cant really put it in at home because I wont have race gas until i get to the track, and if I put it in at the track, the car wont have time to learn the chip.

Thanks

If the Schoolin' aint done by the end of the burnout of the first run, it should be fully up to speed by the next run.

Set the FP based on what the chip burner recommends. Usually somewhere between 40 and 45 line off.

Why not try some Sunoco GT100 unleaded and tune for max. boost in "street" trim then add race fuel and chip after you are happy with your times.

GT100 = Street trim safety net in MHO. :)