You can type here any text you want

What gains will Champion Irons give me with stock cam?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i gained 6 mph with three pounds less boost with champion irons. best money i've spent yet. i ran your time 12.2@111 with stock heads 25 psi and 36# injectors. went with the irons and 50's and ran the time in my sig. good luck!

I am going to bolt on some champion iron cnc ported heads as well and i would like to know about my gain. I do not have a stock cam, but a mild (i beleive .465 lift ATR cam). Should i expect the same kind of gains. I would like to see 6mph gain with less boost. just thought i would ask. Thanks for any replies.

I think the heads will help with any cam. If the heads are off then I would slide a cam in as well. I think heads would net more HP if used with a cam upgrade

Lonnie Diers

Thanks to all. Lonnie, I agree with your logic but have read about so many wiping cams after changing that it's scared me.

Cams are cheap and I wouldn't mind a mild upgrade, but I sure don't want to wipe one later.

Bob

Back