You can type here any text you want

What grit emery to polish the stock crank??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BetMinesFaster

Turbo LSX Trader
Hey guys, due to a budget shortfall I have chosen to rering and bearing my 109 and collect the parts over the summer to do it how I want......Im curious what grit emery to polish the crankshaft with?? Thanks for the help, Ryan

How do you plan on polishing it? Are you really using emery paper or just call it that? Most people that polish cranks use film now.

Either way I would start with the finest possible to get the scratches out and then work your way finer in size. Use WD40 or something like that for lube.

For emery I would start with Grit 0 or 2/0 and see how it takes out the scratches. Then proceed finer until you finish with 4/0.

For film I would start with a 30 micron grit (500 grit). I would then proceed finer until you finish with a 3 or 5 micron grit (3000+ grit).

Good luck

Chris

I would bring the crank to a machine shop and have them check it out. And let them polish it for you.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Let the machine shop do it. Too difficult to get an even pressure across the journal by hand, even with a lathe. Don't over polish it!

Back