You can type here any text you want

What happens if...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bird of Prey

i just put in this chip for example...

ebay url

i don't have anyone here in austria who could help me or even knows how the tta "work". i don't want to put in a scanmaster, i don't want to put in a knockgauge. i want my car to be stock.

i just want to have it "optimised", a bit more boost, a bit better timing. a chip!

what if i just put in this chip and drive? can i break anything?

thx

matt

word of warning ....DON'T do it .... Very old chip with aggressive timing :rolleyes: .... I would really think of a scanmaster if your goin to "play" with your car at all :eek: :biggrin:

Probably....

If your car is running correctly now, you'll probably be OK.

Thing is, if its not just right, you could hurt something. The only way to know is to put a scan tool on there and confirm its within specifications.

You can do a LOT better than that old pit bull chip with all the recent advances in chips programming. I think a Thrasher chip would be as good as the pit bull, for about $25 delivered.

Spend the $75 on a custom designed chip by turbotweak, Jay Carter, or some other current chip maker, and be done. I just got $10 trade-in for a hypertec chip (about same vintage as that pit bull I'd think, and like the pit bull chip, an original cost of about $150) because a current chip will give you/me alot more than the older chips.

My 2 cents. :)

don't get me wrong. i know our cars are the holy grail of the f-bodies! i love my car and i don't want to hurt it.

it's running strong and smooth. damn, we don't even have drag strips here! so i will never have the chance to get a real ET. i will never need to, though.

but i hear from you all, you install chips, k&n, walbros a.s.o... improve your cars...

maybe it would make no sense modifying my car, but there's a little devil inside me that tells me to! :biggrin: i want a quick street-driven car, that's running with pump gas.

it's so difficult, we can't buy scanmasters here, i would have to buy everything in the USA.

i will have to think about all this very well.

pah, midlife crisis with 25? :D

sorry guys for having to read this hehe.

matt

Back