You can type here any text you want

what has been the fastest anyones been

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rey468

i was wondering if anyone knows what has been the fastest anyones been with a buick stage 2

Ken Duttweiler ran 6's in his Stage II powered Olds cutlass ex-pro stock car before he went to a SBC.

Neal

rey468 said:
i was wondering if anyone knows what has been the fastest anyones been with a buick stage 2

750H.P.V6 said:
Ken Duttweiler ran 6's in his Stage II powered Olds cutlass ex-pro stock car before he went to a SBC.

Neal

Neal, what did Buddy do in the reskinned Olds?

In a Regal Chassis here are the Quickest and Fastest (for now)
Big Al has gone 7.4 @ 191 with an auto (most hp)
Anderson went 7.2 @ 18X with a Liberty

John Gallina and Len Freeman are working on getting Duttweiler's/Luman's old GN in the 6s in the next year. Don't bet against them, that car went 7.2s like 7 or 8 years ago. The new motor should make several hundred more hp!

John, According to this Ingersoll ran 7.20 @ nearly 198 MPH :eek: I know that car had to be VERY light, but still very impressive especailly considering he did this with 80's technology!

86brick said:
John, According to this Ingersoll ran 7.20 @ nearly 198 MPH :eek: I know that car had to be VERY light, but still very impressive especailly considering he did this with 80's technology!

I heard the car was super light, but the rumor on the streets is the car hit a 6.9 in testing!

John Wilde said:
I heard the car was super light, but the rumor on the streets is the car hit a 6.9 in testing!

I heard the same thing and actually I heard it happened down here at Moroso in West Palm Beach! My dad knows one guy that has been bracket racing for close to 30 years and he claims to have been at the track when it happened... NOT kidding!!! Whether or not it is true I obviously can not say, but maybe somebody that talks to Buddy could clear this up once and for all.

EightSecV6 said:
I did it on a single.....be awhile b4 some does that again! :rolleyes:

Your record is safe, everyone is building twins now.

John Wilde said:

Or....???

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 439
John Wilde said:

When someone goes faster (I am SURE they will!), that will be my excuse!!!!! " I only had one turbo!" :biggrin:

I'll send along some pics of the "new" project soon John, it has been a long tough battle but things are finally starting to move!

The Swede said:
Or....???

Swede is your turbo an 80 or 88MM?
Bill was using a full Thumper 98MM.
The current school of thought is to run a big enough
single to run with the high HP twin cars you need a clutch.
Maybe this will be proved wrong by a couple maximum effort GT47 powered cars.
But then again there are people using twin GT42 that will make much more power than a 88MM turbo and they can spool them.

EightSecV6 said:
When someone goes faster (I am SURE they will!), that will be my excuse!!!!! " I only had one turbo!" :biggrin:

I'll send along some pics of the "new" project soon John, it has been a long tough battle but things are finally starting to move!

Someone is working very hard of the record now, but records are made to be broken.

I am excited about the chance to see the new project.l
It is almost like Christmas in July! :biggrin:

i have been 6.51 @207 but looking for more going to alky and going to eliminate intercooler and coolingsysytem car is going to be 150lbs lighter and we will turn the boot up too im going to run i thing 55 to60 lbs thats the goal i would like to get into the 6.20s but we will see this pic is the gas set up so who knows i know i want to try to be the fastest v6 period dont know if i can do it but im going to try. and why not try doing it with a buick v6

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 390
turbodragster said:
i know i want to try to be the fastest v6 period . . . and why not try doing it with a buick v6

Can't argue with that! Good Luck & Keep us updated :)

Hey Billy is the new project gonna be a single still? I like the single front mount turbo look

KLHAMMETT said:
Hey Billy is the new project gonna be a single still? I like the single front mount turbo look

I would much prefer twin front mount GT47s! :eek:

KLHAMMETT said:

it is a single.......just not toatally sure what it may be blowing into yet :biggrin:

Back