What is max boost for my 1979 set up?

Hafrod

I got an adjustable wastegate from member OddMonte to put on a pretty much stock 1979 set up. The highest pump gas here is 91 octane. I will purchase a boost gauge to put on the A pillar. I don't even know what stock boost is. What do you think my max boost will be set at? I just posted a thread about 1/4 mile time estimate and it shows my stuff I'll be using. Not sure the add ons will make a difference in boost though.

Stock is 9 psi. It will likely knock even at the stock level. Knock will dictate you max boost. The turbo should be able to a handle ~15 psi.

Max boost on pump gas: single digits to low low teens. It can make more boost but the engine won't tolerate the heat and detonation that will soon follow. If it was on E85 fuel or an alky injected you could run the turbo all in (high teens).

Give me more info on E85. I'm interested. Q Jet would need special accelerator pump I'd guess??

I could only get about 7psi with my old setup. I probably could not out run a front wheel drive car. Now with my new setup I could take down bigblock cars all day! Just saying.

Give me more info on E85. I'm interested. Q Jet would need special accelerator pump I'd guess??
Alcohol runs cooler and resists detonation much better than pump gas. You would need a fuel system that can handle the fuel and a Q-Jet setup for E85

So I have done some research into E85. There are no local pumps for E85. It would be a pretty big inconvenience just getting a fill up. I read that most new Q Jet kits have the blue diaphragm. Also an increase in jet size to 30% bigger is needed. So it would be E85 only after that. Was going to get a kit from Cliffs for my Q Jet but no local pumps around here