You can type here any text you want

What is stock ride height?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

T Spool

All the claims of lowering 1 inch or 2 inch etc. mean nothing to me without knowing what stock ride height is. From the factory these cars came with 26" tall tires, so can anyone tell me what the ground to fender lip measurement is front and back on a stock 86-87 Turbo Buick with 26" tires?

My 87 GN has the stock springs with 17K mi. and is
27 3/4" in front as I remember and my 85 t with 1"
Eibach's on it sits @ 26 3/4" in front. Both cars are
now 1 state away so I can't go out and remeasure right now,
but I will soon. I can't remember what the rear height
measured. HTH

I'm pretty sure the ride heights are listed in the big factory service/chassis manual(s). I'm not at home now, else I'd look it up..... but I bet someone else will chime in???

Factory ride height

The factory manual measures the ride height at the bottom of the rocker, just above the lip.

The place to measure on the rocker is 24 1/2" from the centerline of the front wheel and 21" from the centerline of the rear wheel.

In both cases, the dimension should be 9 7/8".

"Trim heights checked with correct tire pressure, fuel tank full or equivalent weight in the trunk. No passengers or added weight in the car."

My 87 GN has the stock springs with 17K mi. and is
27 3/4" in front as I remember and my 85 t with 1"
Eibach's on it sits @ 26 3/4" in front. Both cars are
now 1 state away so I can't go out and remeasure right now,
but I will soon. I can't remember what the rear height
measured. HTH

That's about an inch higher than I expected. Next time you see the cars if you could confirm that would be great. Thanks

The factory manual measures the ride height at the bottom of the rocker, just above the lip.

The place to measure on the rocker is 24 1/2" from the centerline of the front wheel and 21" from the centerline of the rear wheel.

In both cases, the dimension should be 9 7/8".

"Trim heights checked with correct tire pressure, fuel tank full or equivalent weight in the trunk. No passengers or added weight in the car."

Thank you. This is a big help.

Maybe this is something else my memory has failed
me on?????????????????????? May be 26 3/4" and 25 3/4"?
I will measure and :biggrin: RECORD the next time I get to the cars.

Back