You can type here any text you want

What is the Best way to remove Cat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

Need to know the best way to get the cat off without damaging the slip joint side. Did some research and it seems that some had to use a cut slits in the flared end of the cat to get it off the slip end by the down pipe.
I dont want to damage either the cat or the downpipe since I plan on someday reinstalling the cat
Any suggestions as to the best way to get the cat off without damaging it or the downpipe ?
Thanks

get a torch and heat the hell out of it !!! won't hurt eithier the cat or downpipe .. ya might have to yell a little at it :p

i second what grumpy said. get it red hot and then quickly start to rotate and pull backwards to remove. it's easier with two people, one guy can hold the torch while the other works the cat. if you are on your own, you'll probably have to reheat a couple of times to work it off.

that is the only way to get it off without getting ignorant with it (cutting, chisel). i doubt very much that it will come off without heat.

have fun! ;)

Hi,
Mine came off that way. Use a rosebud, get it cherry hot. All this happens on the hoist, so you have room for movement. Work it up and down, side to side, and rotate. It'll come off soon enough. No harm done!

Back