You can type here any text you want

what is this block worth

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stagemonster

R.C. entourage
trying to find out what this block is worth it is an off center 0016 sII standard mains no cracks but has a large bore 4.100 just want to0 know what you guys think its worth i was thinkin about sleaving it back to standard so i could use it

Personally I've never seen a Stage II block either On center or Off center bored that big. Gene and I came across an On center that was 4.070" and we didn't want it. Are sure that the bore size you were given is correct? As far as the value of a block that will need 6 sleeves to make it usuable I'd tell you it's not worth much since the machine work will add up to some pretty good $$. Maybe $500 probably less.

Neal

stagemonster said:
trying to find out what this block is worth it is an off center 0016 sII standard mains no cracks but has a large bore 4.100 just want to0 know what you guys think its worth i was thinkin about sleaving it back to standard so i could use it

I'd have it sonic checked, you might have a usable block on your hands as is, abeit with rather large cooling needs. Just out of curiousity, I was talking to Ohio George about sleeving a stage block and other than his himming and hawwing about just get one of his $5000 virgins, he'd sleeve them for around $125 a hole. Is it worth it, probably not since there are still good stage blocks out there for around that price but I'd say this block has some later market potential since people don't seem to be after the TA block fast enough to truely replace the iron stage blocks.

CTX-SLPR said:
just get one of his $5000 virgins, he'd sleeve them for around $125 a hole.

$5k, it better not be a block but the real thing. :eek: :eek:

I remember him asking $3500 for his off-centers. Times a changin.

He was talking $11000 for a whole Indy lights motor. These are block that have never been run, his spares that are machined but never assembled.

need a set of twin turbo headers

I figured Id post this here. Let me know what ya got.
Thanks Jeff

Fat Nat said:
I figured Id post this here. Let me know what ya got.
Thanks Jeff
Try getting your own thread, no one is going to look in here for that. Besides its rude.

Jeff,

I've got a set of twin turbo headers. I sent you a PM over on the T6P site about a month ago. I didn't hear back from you so I figured you already had some.

Neal

Thanks Neal. And to the dip$hit that doesnt even own a turbo car EAT $HIT I didnt mean to post it here if there was a way to delete a post on this prehistoric software I would have. Now thats Rude :biggrin:

Fat Nat said:
Thanks Neal. And to the dip$hit that doesnt even own a turbo car EAT $HIT I didnt mean to post it here if there was a way to delete a post on this prehistoric software I would have. Now thats Rude :biggrin:
watch your mouth, and there is away to delete it, you just have to be fast enough to catch the window while your post is still editable. And to your turbo car comment, its in the works, turbo motor is nearly complete and car is coming in 2 days.

750H.P.V6 said:
Jeff,

I've got a set of twin turbo headers. I sent you a PM over on the T6P site about a month ago. I didn't hear back from you so I figured you already had some.

Neal

You are a SLUT!!! :D :D :D

I knew I should have taken those to my house for safe-keeping when you moved! They're just not safe with you. :D

Back