You can type here any text you want

what is this for in my down pipe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scarab

I have a sensor in my down pipe as seen in this picture. I also have a fuel mixture gauge in the car that I think this is connected to. I know the gauge shows my fuel mixture but does it do anything else?

I had a GN back in 88 and sold it in 2002, but we never had anything like this? What is the purpose and does it really help?

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 262
I have a sensor in my down pipe as seen in this picture. I also have a fuel mixture gauge in the car that I think this is connected to. I know the gauge shows my fuel mixture but does it do anything else?

I had a GN back in 88 and sold it in 2002, but we never had anything like this? What is the purpose and does it really help?
It's a air/fuel sensor. Very good to have if you have a PL for tuning

It's what Ray said. It's the O2 sensor for your wideband setup. it is connected to your air/fuel ratio gauge inside the car. good for tuning. The primary O2 sensor up by the turbo will be used by the ECM to keep the car running at the correct ratio. Unless you have a more complicated system, it is a standalone system not connected to anything else.

I had the same thing on my 86...Found it was a lube line for the muffler brgs.....:bucktooth: JK. It's what you have already been told.
I took mine out, after I lost 2 sets of brgs, as it was obviously not working.

Chuck, if you don't use exhaust specific grease, those bearings won't last long at all.

Back