You can type here any text you want

what is this wire?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"More Boost"

Major Member
ok, im putting my new motor in, been awhile since removed, there is an 10 or 8 gauge wire that is loomed in with the battery cables that runs under front of motor, even has two mounting tabs to oil pan bolts. comes up on drivers side by motor mount. where does this go to? :confused: please, i will get pic if needed.
thanks in advance
Greg

It runs across the crossmember and up behind the alternator. Run it up to the red post on the alternator. Make sure to keep it off of the header tube. I usually come up in front of the head, through the alt bracket. Rudy.

Do not run this wire between the headers and the back of the bracket. A car i recently worked on had this wire about a half inch from contacting the left header:eek:. It is not fused and will act as a fusible link itself if it shorts to ground if your lucky. If your not lucky several other bad tings could happen

ok, thanks guys, i knew i could get a good answer here. :biggrin:
TurboBuick.com is awsome

Not this way!!!

Will short to ground if it hits the manifold and burns through

Attachments

• PIctures2 132.jpg
    PIctures2 132.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 153
This way

Here is the correct route for the 12v alt wire:

Attachments

• PIctures2 129.jpg
    PIctures2 129.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 148
  • PIctures2 130.jpg
    PIctures2 130.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 148
  • PIctures2 131.jpg
    PIctures2 131.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 152
I reran mine now it goes in the wiring harness on the driver side then around to the passenger side out the harness by the AC lines and to the battery it’s a way from everything that could burn through it and hidden some.

Back