What mods can be done to 83 T to make faster?

6pack

T-Time
I have found a 1983 T-Type, that I am considering buying. It is alot nicer for the money than any 84-87 I have found for the same price. Anyway, what mods can be done to make it faster?And what is the fastest time for an 83 on record? I was looking for mid 12's to 13? Is that asking to much from an 83 T? Thanks for the info!! Also attached a pic of the car, What do you think?

Attachments

• 83 l.front.jpg
    83 l.front.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 165
:confused: That front clip looks like it's from an '81. Hey Rich, I have 'nt seen a turbo Regal in red/white. Looks neat. How about it....is this an '83? Turbos were used on the '81's too. (Not many though). Or was the front clip changed? Or does the '83 have the same clip as the '81's? ( I know the '82's do). :D

I'm quessing that's not a factory color, but it does look good. :)

The 1981,82 and 83 used the same front end except for the grille. It's hard to be 100% certain from the picture, but I believe that's the '83 grille. The 10th digit of the VIN will be D on an '83 (B on an '81).

Nobody here is actively running an '83 at the track. They should be a mid/low 16 second car stock (and in tune). 15's with minor tweaking. 13's will take some doing, but are possible. Fred Carrado runs consistent mid 13's with his Carb/Turbo car.

Just like the SFI cars, knock down/boost up is the key. :)

83 T-Type

The front end in the pic is basically the same front end that was on my 83 T-Type. Mine however came with the blacked out headlight bezels. 83 T's arent that fast from the factory...mid 16's at best. I was able to get mine into the high 15's with a little more boost and some race gas...and feel that the car could have gone a good bit faster if I had known how to tune it at the time. I have NEVER seen a red one before and seriously doubt that it came that way from the factory...but it looks good.

YES THE FRONT IS STOCK, LOOKS JUST LIKE MINE. I KNOW MINE IS STOCK. CAR LOOKS GOOD. WANT TO BUY MINE?

There are a host of thing's you can to to it mid 14's with a stock turbo is not out of the question (and stock cam).

just check out my web site I have most of the details there.

"www.connix.com/~fc227/index.htm"