What other upgrades to do with Alky kit

a very cheap fantastic little up grade is a boost controller earl sells them for like 45-50 bucks and there are may others as well .. just leave you stock one pluged in electrically so it doenst want to throw a code ... so your car is 85 with 86/87 motor just double checking LOL
I just bought a boost controller yesterday..My car is a 87..I started my account years back when I had a 85 but decided I really wanted a 87 with t tops so the 85 went and I bought a 87..Ive just never figured out how to change my info on the bottom..lol

click on your name in upper right click account details go to signature... right under preferences.. click and you can edit... will help guys who know what they are doing read your mods on your car ;)

click on your name in upper right click account details go to signature... right under preferences.. click and you can edit... will help guys who know what they are doing read your mods on your car ;)
Thanks! I gotta get on it..I tried a few times and never found it so I gave up!

you replaced all vacuum lines..motor mounts .. and coolant lines yet another ole general maintenance thing

What everyone else said. Basics, spring cleaning and do mods one at a time so if there's an issue you know what it is.

Lots of counterfit crap on EBAY. Buy from one of the vendors on the board or if you're looking for used go to the marketplace here and see what well known members are selling. If you don't have a factory shop manual get one and study it especially sections 6D & E and section 8.

I'd get a DW300 or 340 fuel pump and stay away from Walbro. Just my preference.

Ok I noticed you bought a used Alky kit. I believe Julio puts a date under the black cover on the pump. If it sat or is old you may want to get a new one or have Julio try an rebuild it. Just a suggestion.

As for the Walbro fuel pump, Will it fit in the stock housing or do I have to buy a entire new housing to hold it?

They fit in the stock location. At least they did 5 years ago. Google dims on a stock one vs the walbro. Shoudl be fine. Zip ties fix everything. That and fire.

You get a good bunch of info and come back with "quit harshing my vibe man"? These cars are old. They have been scienced out pretty much especially in the "stock" form and there are common upgrades, timing set, valve springs and fuel pump and wiring being the top three. You obviously want to lean on the car or you wouldn't be buying stuff like an intercooler and an ally kit. I get that. I want to make mine go too. Most on here that post answers are not new to the turbo Buick game. Getting butt hurt and coming back at a guy isn't the best way to get your posts answered.

Either way, a timing set, fuel pump and hot wire set, a boost gauge(not that toy bar graph in the dash) and a scanmaster along with that turbotweak chip for your setup will get you started. A powerlogger should be on your short list or you are really just swinging in the dark as you don't know what the engine is doing. Once you get that figured out you will probably be making enough power to need the trans worked on.

So, keep reading and learning and you should be fine.

They fit in the stock location. At least they did 5 years ago. Google dims on a stock one vs the walbro. Shoudl be fine. Zip ties fix everything. That and fire.
Don't do zip ties, the fuel eats em up. Use a metal hose clamp to hold the pump to the hanger .

Ok I noticed you bought a used Alky kit. I believe Julio puts a date under the black cover on the pump. If it sat or is old you may want to get a new one or have Julio try an rebuild it. Just a suggestion.
I just bought it yesterday so I will see what it says when it arrives. Thanks!

a very cheap fantastic little up grade is a boost controller earl sells them for like 45-50 bucks

Oh, no no no... not here I don't.

If my experience is going to get ignored and shit on, I want nothing I built on that car with the state it's in and the order of the build. I can't tell from the replies if I'm an expert or a dumbass and I really don't care. I've heard this same story too many times, and seen the same results just as many.

I don't want my controller getting blamed for that engine coming apart. That's not why I build them.

When it comes to this current build and angle of attack, I'm out.

Can't remember the stock brand of timing chain and gears I've used...might say in my video. If you're gonna go double roller then do your homework on here of the brand to buy. If you go double roller...then you don't use the chain tensioner...cuz it'll saw through it.

Ok guys here is the deal..First off I have a 87 GN, Not an 85 like my info states. I just havent changed the info because I wasnt sure how to. I used to have a 85 project that I gave up and sold because I wanted the 87 with T's..The car now has a old super chip, adjustable Fuel pressure regulator, Straight pipes with no cats only a Flowmaster muffler, Dakota digital dash that I installed, and a Scanmaster 2.0. So what I got so far for near future upgrades is this, I am going to change the cam and crank gears with chain and new water pump so I can put the front of the engine back together and still drive it. I will then do the upgraded Fuel pump with hotwire kit, Then I will install the TT chip, new Knock sensor, and 02 sensor. Then I will do the 3 bar map sensor and install the Alky...I may go with the MAF LS1 sensor as well afterwards..Im not looking to beat on the car just for a little more push..Maybe I overspoke when I mentioned Hellcats..I just want to be able to embarrass some people with their newer and more expensive sports cars when they pull up next to me on the highway..

Last edited:
Can't remember the stock brand of timing chain and gears I've used...might say in my video. If you're gonna go double roller then do your homework on here of the brand to buy. If you go double roller...then you don't use the chain tensioner...cuz it'll saw through it.
I have no problem putting stock back if you guys advise to it..Just figured you would say to go with all metal instead of those plastic looking things from GM..I have my eye on this set at Gbody