You can type here any text you want

What should a stock TTA stall at?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jasons kwik 6

Still trying to figure out what convertor I have. It stalled around 2,000RPM,s before the tires broke loose. Does this sound right?

Originally posted by jasons kwik 6
Still trying to figure out what convertor I have. It stalled around 2,000RPM,s before the tires broke loose. Does this sound right?

yep

My TTA breaks the tires loose at 2400 RPM, I thought that was normal:confused:

quote: "What should a stock TTA stall at?"

IDLE!

:D

LOL, THEY GOT THE SAME CONVERTERS AS THE GNs I HEAR AND MY FRIENDS TTA STALLS AT 2400 I THINK.

Really all depends on what kind of power your motor makes.
More power = More stall

Joe is correct. On a more powerful setup the stall will be higher than the stated stall from the factory. My car stalls a little after 2400rpms. I figure to be making close to 375hp or higher(going by trap speed).

If you take the D5 and throw it in a mildly modded 455 it should stall a lot higher than 2400. HTH!

Thanks for all of the replies! My car is basically stock, so I guess its safe to say thats about right, right?:p

The best way to check converter stall is to put a vac-boost gauge on the engine if you allready dont have one. Set the parking brake and stand on the brake pedal. When the vac. drops to 0 read your rpm. Thats your stall. Do not let the tires spin and do not let it go into boost.

Steve K.

Back