You can type here any text you want

What Should Be Done To A Gn Before Adding Alky

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87grandnat

i would like to add alky to my car and was curious if there is anything that should be done to prep the car first like fuel pump, injectors or anything like that, thanks for the help.

well basically, get it running 100 percent before adding the alky. make sure your fuel system is up to par. get it running as good as you can on pump gas and then add the alky.:D

Before adding alcohol:
Get the car running EXCELLENT first (follow spring cleaning guide on www.gnttype.org), upgrade the fuel pump (a must even for a stock TR) then - Knock gauge & scan tool. The two most important "mods" you should do.

No other mods are needed to run alcohol.

Scanmaster and Walbro 340. The others, ADJ FPR, alky chip(street), thermostat, spring cleaning, are great items as well. A heavy duty waste gate actuator will let you really crank up the boost..or use a bleeder valve.

Lastly a downpipe, cat test pipe, exhuast, injectors.. round out the package. Get the car to run mid-low 12's like this..then go bigger turbo, cam heads..watch out :)

You can do 400 HP with the first paragraph. Easier with the second.

In other words do mods that will take the car to the time slip your looking to achieve on race gas. Alky will take you there.

HTH

Julio

Oh yeah, buying one of Julio's rpogressive Alky kits wouldn't hurt either...;)

Originally posted by bsdlinux
Oh yeah, buying one of Julio's rpogressive Alky kits wouldn't hurt either...;)

I didnt say that :D

thanks.. ;)

Back