You can type here any text you want

what should my compression be?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cruesix

topless tta
hey guys need alittle help..i got hosed!! i bought a tta drivetrain from a guy on ebay(yea i know)anyway was sopposed to be low miles bla bla bla....at any rate got it in my convertable 98%installed fired it up and it ran like a dead monkey it even shot flames out the converter..i checked compression and had 4 cylenders at 135-140psi and one at 100psi and the killer # 5 had 10psi yes i said 10..so after makeing sure it wasnt a bent valve or blown head gasket i determined it was a hole in the piston(@$!%)my question is what should the stock compression be on these cars? i thought 140 was a bit high for a turbo motor,but i dont really know im used to my tpi 350 motors..this is my first turbo..so i was just curios if the rod that sold me this heap had the wrong shortblock on this motor..any help would be greatly appriciated..im gonna yank that thing back out tomarrow and start from scratch..lookin for a good shortblock if anyone has one let me know
Dan

I have a TTA short block still in my car. I'm looking to sell it to clear up some cash for my stage motor. I also have a lower mile GN short block and a few other things you may be interested in. I,m in a small town called Leroy which is between Bloomington and Champaign.

Give me a call: 309-253-7991

Jason

140psi is in the ballpark(I almost think it is on the low side). Sorry to hear about your luck with #5. I had 10 psi on #1 when I found out that I broke the compression ring land on the piston.

Don't want to hijack this thread but need to make sure ..........

When performing a compression test, you generally hold the throttle wide open right? I got 170.

Back