What should my Scanmaster read starting up & after warm-upo

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
Stock block, all the standard bolt-ons, no internal mods, 6062 or 6262 turbo, don't remember which, 41K miles. I owned this TB from 2003 to 2016 when I had to sell to cover medi cal costs. I bought it back 2 weeks ago after not being able to pay AAA $2700 for insurance for my hot rod 09 CTS-V. It was coming up for smog anyway. So in general. Although the 2nd owner only put on about 1K miles during his ownership it looks like the oil was never changed. It ran like a top when I sold it in '16, it seems to run a little rough around the edges now, Takes a couple of stabs at starting now & runs rough during warm up sometimes.

Start with a fresh tank of gas...

Many thanks for the suggestion. As it is theoretically I can't even drive the car. I have home health care services (nurses coming every day to check an open wound on my foot and under Medicare I am not allowed to drive. All I am trying to do is get the car squared away as much as possible. My mechanic is pretty much tied up for the next 4 weeks. He has done all the previous work on the car and it ran perfect when sold. Upon start-up the Scanmaster shows about 525 and by warm up shows about 625 or so

You can check the MAF without driving the car.

One of the first suspects when the car is not idling/running correctly is often the MAF. This is particularly true if the original style MAF is being used. To verify operation, turn the key on, but do not start the engine. The AF on the scan tool will normally read 3. Then, start the engine. With a normal idle speed, it will normally read 4-6, and, may read 7 if the programmed idle is around 800/850 rpm as the faster idle will require more air thru the sensor. If the MAF is reading in this range, one can be pretty sure that it is not the problem that is causing the car to not run properly...particularly at idle. (From Vortex Buicks)

Great news. The vibration and noise that I have been getting is from the power steering pump. So I need a new power steering pump and all's probably well with everything else.