You can type here any text you want

What size brakes are you hydroboost guys running?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Inquiring mind.... I would like to know....

I want to convert to hydro boost.... and 12" LS1 front rotors... and 11" LT1 rear rotors.... is that overkill?

overkill? nope.
but you better wear your seatbelt and hope the retractor is functional the first time you hit the brakes moderately hard, or you are gonna be eating dashboard..

Soon 13" Baer in front and 12" disc in rear.....just waiting on final backordered parts for hydroboost system. :mad:

You can never have "overkill" as far as brakes are concerned......IMO.

overkill? nope.
but you better wear your seatbelt and hope the retractor is functional the first time you hit the brakes moderately hard, or you are gonna be eating dashboard..

what he said, i got LS1 brakes on all 4 corners.

what he said, i got LS1 brakes on all 4 corners.

What all was required on the rear end to outfit it with LS1 brakes?

I find some write-ups on the LS1 brake conversion for the front.... but am still looking for info on converting the rear brakes.

I also am concerned if my GTA fronts will clear the larger brakes on the front and rear....

Well... I have taken the big plunge.

I just won two auctions on eBay for LS1 brakes.... one was for a complete rear setup... with e-brake lines etc... one was for the front calipers and rotors... and mounting bkts.

So far I am into it for $315 shipped.

I'll have to make caliper brackets on both ends....

Not sure what I will have to do to make the brake lines hookup...??

Might have to turn axle flanges down slightly to get rotors on rear axles...

12" front and rear disks.... and hydroboost.... ought to be a fairly noticable improvement....

thr gta wheels will clear LS1 brakes. Check montecarloss.com or third gen.org i cant remember but i found the write up there when i did mine. it should etell you which brake lines to use also. when i did my rears, i got the lower shock relocation braker from Baer, and i also did the mod to the proprtioning vlave thats used for their kit. hth

At the moment

Running stockers would like to someday upgrade at least the fronts but right now I'm Happy with the way she's stoppin with what she gots. Like the rear drums myself.Definately glad we went Hydroboost it was well worth the extra cash.

Running stockers would like to someday upgrade at least the fronts but right now I'm Happy with the way she's stoppin with what she gots. Like the rear drums myself.Definately glad we went Hydroboost it was well worth the extra cash.

X2. The stock brakes work so well with the hydroboost setup that I can only imagine what it would be like with larger rotors.

Back