what size converter for new GTQ s

3,500 would be a good place to start. Finding the right stall speed for your converter takes LOTS more data than just which turbo you will be running.

Scott- What would some of the factors to figure in to get a pretty good idea of what converter to use, i will be using ported champion irons,72 lb injectors,champion ported intake, girdled block,jc front mount,bruce touelle converter and trans (lock-up),cas aluminum radiator w/ spal twin fans ,poston headers and a external racegate ?

Well, to start with, the girdle, the trans lock-up feature, the radiator, the fans and wastegate have nothing to do with it. You also have to consider cam specs, state of tune (more HP will create a higher stall speed), air:fuel ratio, timing and prolly some others I can't think of right now.

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Gotta find more time now to get back in here more often. Anywho, I agree with what Scott said on the stall.
On the PT71 GTQ a good starting point would be either a 9" Art Carr or Precision Industries 9.5" Vigilantie with 3400-3500 flash stall. This turbo is not for the faint at heart. We rate it at 880hp capability at the flywheel when maxed out. What's maxed out you ask? That's kinda hard to say, as this turbo utilizes a new Hi Efficiency GT Technology Compressor Wheel. This wheel is capable of handling well in excess of 40psi. We have Import customers who are really spinning this turbo like crazy. And we thought we ran high boost. Sheesh.
Anywho, this compressor wheel combined with the new GT-Q turbine wheel makes it a very serious turbo.
Hope this helps a little.
Patrick
Precision Turbo & Engine
Sales & Tech
219-996-7832