You can type here any text you want

what size slicks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TwinyTwin

My car currently has MT drag radials and are a 275-60-15 and was wondering what size slick I can fit under the rear of my car. I am not use to the 28x9.5x15 size. So if anyone can shed some light on the size that I might need and how to read that tire size it would be really appreciated.

Slick Size

I use M/T 26 x 10.5-15 with good sucess. The 26 is the diameter or how tall the tire is and 10.5 is how wide the "foot print" is. With this tire it is recomended that you use at least a 8 inch rim.
Keep in mind that the taller the tire is the less your affective gear ratio will be, so going with a smaller diameter tire will help your gear ratio.
Hope that helps.

thanks bill that helped alot. Just one more question, with that wide of a tire will I have to notch the rear frame in order for the tire to fit. I am running rear airbags on the car, dont know if that might make a difference. Oh and do you have any pictures of your cat that I might be able to look at. Thanks alot.

I am looking threw jegs and MT only offeres a 28x10.5x15 and 26x10x15 closest thing to a 10.5.

Sorry the size is 10" not 10.5 and no sorry I don't have any pictures.

If you go with the 26x 10's you will not have to notch your frame at all just make sure that you get a rim with the correct back spacing. I beleive mine are 4.5" but check with who ever you buy your rims from, they should know.
I run with dual air bag also and haven't had any problems with rubbing. There is plenty of room.

Back