what to expect...

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Just wanted to know what times to expect out of the TTA running a TA-49 ,THDP w/ dump, 3" edelbrock exhaust, 2500 stahl w/ lockup, 9" K&N, Taylor 10mm, 340 walbro, ported intake & plenum, ATR street chip.

running 23 psi on racing fuel w/ different chip????(i dont have a custom chip yet) and maybe 10 psi at the line w/ slicks . What do you think ? any suggestions? cause im going to the digs this summer.

Thanks
Bo

Assumming stock injectors,on slicks,good weather,high 11's to low 12's @ 110-112 mph with a 1.65 60 foot

On street tires with a 2.0 60 foot,closed dump,12.50-12.70's depending on weather.

Those are my guesses :)

As long as you are on race gas and slicks, high 11's should be pretty easy once it is tuned. You will be running out of fuel with the stock injectors though. May want to upgradebefore you try it. It wont give you any more performance, just keep you from leaning out.

Now, im leaning towards the alky kit with MSD 50s and little more boost like 24 to 25psi or however high i can go.

I need to show my Ahole of a brother (that thinks that putting a million dollars into a 454 4 speed 69 camaro is the best way to go 12s !) the power these cars have. There is no better way to say just a v six w/ an 11 sec time slip in your hand! In other words (you know) im trying to change him to the DARK SIDE:cool: Then I can teach him a thing or two!

If i can spark off an 11.80 wich is .05 quicker than my old street/strip car with a 350, then he might start thinking straight!

anymore input would be great

Thanks,
Bo

11.80's .... Not in summer weather you wont...With a lot of tuning and a cool day like 50 degrees on slicks and 25 lbs..can see it possible.On a 100 degree day..will take a lot bigger turbo,bigger stall,and those 50's to get ya there.

Some may disagree..but i'm talkiing consistent and not a hail mary pass.

Anyways have fun trying to get the timeslip.

Thats pretty much what i want a hail marry pass!! cause i dont want to put a roll bar in my car.

hmmm........ Can you really build 10 psi on the brakes? I could only ever muster up about 6psi. My car has bolt ons only and I have met the goals you have picked. I do have 50's but man I have done nothing but pull fuel out to get the car to run good. I run a static fuel press of only 30#'s and I have my translator plus set to 10% lean. I Have had very good luck with 22 degres of timing(it ran like crap with 24 degres) and have messed around with 20 to 26 psi at the track and have never had any signs of nock retard. I have run as high as 30 psi on the street and man it sure ran hard. Some day I'm going to make a 30 psi run at the track. When you do go to the track the first time dont get discouraged because odds are you aint going to be even close to what your car is going to wind up running with tunning and stuff. Good luck getting it dialed in and I would recommend going with injectors that are considered on the small side to meet yours goals instead of ones that lean towards the big side because the smaller ones should be easier to tune out. Iam also partial to intercooler upgrades but I "think" you'll have lack of fuel problems first and think yhat your current set up already justifies an injector up grade.

HTH: Jason

ya, I agree with you there , I dont expect to run these times the first time out, I am still tuning the car with a false knock right now. I work a crap load, so its going slow as far as tune time. However , it will get all the bolt ons this summer and i will be running it at the drag strip a couple of times. :)

I dont see why it wouldnt run High 11s in 90 degree weather with a TA49. I dont know if the Convertor is going to hurt you or not but with Open Exhaust, ~22psi, 750 02s, 26 degrees of timing and Racegas if you can get it to launch 11s should be easy...

I'm going to agree with Mike. No reason this setup shouldn't run the numbers unless the converter is holding it back.

That's the problem with mine, converter too tight. I'm running 118.x going through the traps, with a best of 119.7. But my launches are consistently in the 2.0 range. I can't spool until a "few" feet out.

As for timing, I'm running a Thrasher 92 with 93 octane and alky injection. But with race gas and timing, I'm sure you'll have no problem after some tuning.