What to use with SMC kit?

TRYMYSIX

Ok guys....I am currently using a 50/50 denatured to water mix with my SMC progressive kit. I got a alky chip from Eric and for the life of me I can't get the car to stop breaking up on the tip in:mad: I have set the box to come in at 9lbs and she spits pops then cleans up and runs hard. So I set the kit to come in at 16lbs and it broke up just a little and then ran hard. It almost like she doesn't like the alky/water on the low end. Should I just go with straight denatured alky and see what happens? Also, could the nozzle be too big? How do I tell what size nozzle I have...

My fuel pressure is set to 43psi line off and shows 66psi @ wot running 20lbs of boost....

I use straight methanol I get it from a speed shop here in Houston for $5.00 or so a gal; much cheaper that denatured (5 gal is at least a 6mo supply for me); try straight alky!?! & slowly dial-in the min/max settings
HTH!

Darrell

What plugs are you running? I'm using Autolite 24's gapped at a tight 35.... Some have suggested switching to NGK 5's gapped at .032....

i use straight 70% iso and am running 23# with no kr. I have more in it but I need the hd actuator to obtain it. My current adj. one is topped out.

I'm using 24's, might swap over but I'm tinkering right now (too hot to get any good runs out of it, avg. 100* most of the summer here in Houston)probly 'bot the same w/ you in Ms. gotta luv the humidity though! :eek:
D

I'm using 24's, might swap over but I'm tinkering right now (too hot to get any good runs out of it, avg. 100* most of the summer here in Houston)probly 'bot the same w/ you in Ms. gotta luv the humidity though! :eek:
D
Yeah I know it well...95 degrees with 90% humidity here. Maybe it's just too hot, but I can't seem to get it not to stumble right as the alky starts spraying at 12psi of boost....I think I may have too much fuel on the low end and it's loading up. Got my fuel pressure at 43psi line off. I may go to 40ish and see if it helps on the tip in............

Here are my Scanmaster readings: Warm and in Park

AF 6
L8 43
Batt 14.2
INT 128
BLM 121
CLT 162
ATS 99
RPM 825
TPS .42
IAC 56

your IAC is to High. adjust to 20/25 at idle, then you have to reset your tps. try that & see if it helps.