You can type here any text you want

What TTA / Indy 500 Collectibles do you have?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Little over a month now that I've owned the car and I think I have a good jump on collecting some of the stuff for this car! :) I have only a few things for the GN as far as collectibles, but for some reason it's more fun to collect TTA and Indy stuff!! :) There is a few things missing from the pics but just about 90% of it is below at the links.. Post and show what you have! The next big thing for me would be a set of badges for the entire car. Just to have :)

Pics HERE..

And HERE....

And the Jacket is here..

Thats a LOT of stuff....In a month?

Must be a long winter where you live ;)

tooo long! :D

snowman.jpg

Very nice little collection going :)

I used to have most and more of that, but its just about all gone.

Jan I would also like to know what you're looking to sell. I'll take some pictures tonight or tomorrow of the stuff I have and post them. I've only had the car for like 7 months though.

I have some stuff I'll list. I know some of you wanted to see it a while back but I've been busy buying/selling/transporting cars.

I have an Indiana Official Pace Car license plate #56. They are issued to all parade/pace cars and are official Indiana license registration plates.

I've got Indy 500 lapel pins of various designs, TTA plastic models, a press kit, various magazines and some other odds and ends. I'll get it all listed when I get a chance. I'm off work this Mon/Tue so maybe I can do it then.

Bring on the list! :) I'm looking at a Indy plate right now so let me know the condition of yours and what you would want for it. Maybe we can work it out!

Jan: I want that list! :)

Originally posted by phillyturbosix
Bring on the list! :) I'm looking at a Indy plate right now so let me know the condition of yours and what you would want for it. Maybe we can work it out!

Jan: I want that list! :)
Mine IS NOT a vintage 1989 plate. I believe it's a 1986 with the last 2 digits of the renewal changed. I'll post photos of it when I get to putting all of my stuff for sale.

Nice stuff Rob, that jacket you have is the other TTA jacket that was avaiable. They pop up from time to time as well. I hear there is some super rare festival jackets! One day I'll find one of those! Sell me one of those glasses! :)

The glasses came in a set of 4, I can't break the set up, sorry.

Originally posted by Jan Larsson
Glasses came in boxes of 6
Yes, I guess it is 6, I have a whole box set but only have 2 of them out of the box to display at car shows.

I got some goooooood single malt whiskey over here that would taste so muc better in a glass like that .... fancy a box of 6 bottles ;)

89 indy stuff

I have the original 1989 indy 500 souvenir book
1989 indy 500 pewter belt buckle
turbo-tech trans am transformer model
1989 indy 500 pit belt mounted pass or something says DieHard 1 and has a number 77 on it and some pewter emblem thing #7491
1989 turbo trans am emblem key chain
and the top of my souviner list would be my 1989 indy 500 6 pack cooler in mint condition its red and white with the indy 500 stuff on the sides of it
i also have a large size poplin jacket with the bird on it, and alot of the normal stuff everybody else seems to have.

Anyone have Indy lic. plate #396 :D post some pics of all this cool stuff! There is also another press kit on eBay right now.. I got one from the guy and it's his last press kit. He was there and picked them up for free! Damn press! :)

Originally posted by phillyturbosix
Nice stuff Rob, that jacket you have is the other TTA jacket that was avaiable. They pop up from time to time as well. I hear there is some super rare festival jackets! One day I'll find one of those! Sell me one of those glasses! :)
You may be referring to that particular jacket as the festival jacket. I bought mine from an Indy official who said he was given the jacket by Pontiac as part of the "festival". I had a photo of him posing next to all 3 pace cars the morning of the race but can't seem to find it now.

On a side note, while looking thru my photos I found some from a few years ago when I led the parade at the St. Ignace car show in upper Michigan. This photo shows a white haired gentleman named Dave Doern. He installed all the strobe lighting on all 3 original Indy pace cars. A little known fact is there were in fact 4 cars outfitted as Indy pace cars complete with strobe lighting. Dave took it upon himself to do his own TTA exactly the same as the 3 he did for Indy.

Dave owns the ACTUAL Daytona pace car pictured next to him.

My TTA is directly behind Dave.

Attachments

• p6280035.jpg
    p6280035.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 188
Back