You can type here any text you want

What Turbo for my Australian 4.2L Stroker Buick Motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

brockbaker84

Hey Guys,

I am looking for some advice on what kind of turbo to choose for my 1994 Holden Statesman in Australia.

I have built a built up a 3.8L Buick Motor (Australia Series 3 Version) with the following mods:
COME Racing 4.2 Ltr Stroker Kit with low compression pistons 8.2:1
H Bean Conrods with Steel Billet Crank
COME Racing Stage 3 Heads
Twin Throttle Body Intake Manifold.
to name a few things.

I currently am running a Turbo 700 (4L60-E) with a 2800 stall because of the large cam I am running but was told that I would have to probly ditch the 700 for a Turbo 350 or 400 cause the 700 wont last very long once I turbo the car.

I was originally looking at Twin Turboing the Car with some GT2871's or GT28RS (disco's) but was told that something like a GT4294r would be easier to setup and with a Trans-break and MoTec Anti-Lag (once I upgrade my computer) that I should be able to throw down some nice quarter mile times.

But I would also like some thing with street manners and not to laggy so I can play on the road but not get beatin cause the GT42 is still spooling up. I have also been recommend to look into the Precision Turbo PT67 cause of its fast spool up time and it should be nice to drive around the street cause it should be alot more responsive!

Well I would really appreciate any advice or ideas that you boys from the US could offer since you guys have been playing with these motors for such a long time and its really hard to get advice over here cause hardly anyone does these motors up over here.

Thanks again,
Brock:D

Brock,

How much power do you want to make?
What does the car weigh?

Back