You can type here any text you want

What turbo should I get? help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hey fellas I have a huge problem I have the wrong set up on my buick guess was a knockhead back in these lol, didnt know my thing. So I bought a Turbonetics 66 which is to big for my stock t-type looking for a nice 11's turbo that will spool really fast any help which one to get? I was told to get a ta49 .82 exh housing or .62 I have a 9'' coneverter somewhere in 3k stall dont remember tho. My mod's are in my sig....

A .82 exhaust housing kills low end torque and spool up time on a stockish motor set-up. I'd try a Ball Bearing 44 or 61 with a .63 exh housing. Just my $.02

What would the difference be from the ta49 and the t61 with the same .63 exh housing? just looking for the best turbo for a high 10 or mid 11's I seen guys run that on stock motors I mean I have plans for internal mod's.

I'm kinda wondering what stall speed your convertor is, I'm guessing that the BB66 should be pretty quick on spool-up. My BB61 was spinning fast with a stock-ish L/U 2400 convertor. Spooled almost like a stock turbo with the cutout opened...

Back