You can type here any text you want

what turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mojilla

My turbo just took a crap today. Instead of buying a stock turbo, i was going to buy an aftermarket. My car now is mostly stock. I have msd 50's, walbro 340 pump, cat back, shift kit. I am going to get a down pipe next season, and also plan on more mods in the future. I would eventually like an 11 sec car. I was wondering if any body had any suggestions as to what turbo would be good for me. Maybe a PT51 or PT54.
THANKS
Joe

My personal opinion is to stay away from the PT series turbos....junk! I've personally known numerous PT series turbos to fall apart under no apparent abuse or neglect. If you want good street manners the TE44 is a good one. If you have a loose converter, or don't care about lag, the 63-1 is another good one. I've personally used both of these turbos and was/am very happy with both.

If I had to do it again I would get a TE44 no questions asked. It will work awesome with the stock convertor and if everything is setup right will run you into the mid 11s. I don't think there is a need to go any bigger than that.

You will need injectors if you plan to run racegas and turn up the boost.

I have a PT51 and so far so good..TTA89 also had one..

Dunno..my buddy had a 51 on his car for two years and heavy driving..it finally let go..He was happy with it..

Choice would be a TE44 or a PT51...The 44 will spool better with the stock converter..and get the Precision .63 housing

I went 11.802 last teusday nite..50's and a 51 turbo..all stock pretty much everything else

i lost 5 mph by going to the 54 with the same combo- and now the exhaust wheel is shot-

I have heard alot of good things about the te44 turbo, and I think I am leaning towards that turbo. Has anybody hear much about the pte60 turbo, what stall would be good for the 60?
thanks

Back