You can type here any text you want

What upgraded fans ya'll running

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I see Kirbans has the package deal on them bout 200$ but it says you have to modify them , I had rather get something I could drop in and work . Let me know guys what yall are running to keep our cars running cool in the heat . Thanks as always Keith

I changed the stack order on the fan mount bolts to move my stock fan a little closer to the radiator.

Works like a champ in the GA heat. Even when I had a clogged original radiator.

I just put the Kirban kit on this spring, the only “modification” I had to make was trim the 4 tabs off the sides, made a custom stainless bracket for the bottom, patterned off the factory bracket, and made 2 custom upper brackets to bolt to original location.

I have Dodge Intrepid fans. 10+ years. AutoZone lifetime warranty. My temps never go above 185 here in the NC summer.

I have Dodge Intrepid fans. 10+ years. AutoZone lifetime warranty. My temps never go above 185 here in the NC summer.
When asking for fans from AZ what year model do you ask for and I'm assuming you just bought a Casper adapter ?

I changed the stack order on the fan mount bolts to move my stock fan a little closer to the radiator.

Works like a champ in the GA heat. Even when I had a clogged original radiator.
I also changed how it was bolted up and really couldn't tell much differance but it could only help .

Sorry to kinda switch the subject just a bit - but those of you running the intrepid fans did you do anything to close out the air gap from the firewall rearward to the radiator. I have the closeout from the firewall forward but am trying to get some ideas to close it out rearward.

Thanks
Jeff M

I also changed how it was bolted up and really couldn't tell much differance but it could only help .

I just did it because I was there. The small amount of flow increase isn't going to move my cooling from 'not adaquite' to 'holy crap my radiator is freezing over'.

Fortunately for me my car only makes about 20hp at idle so I don't need fans that can cool a nuclear reactor.

With a clean radiator, the stock fan does the job just fine on my car. It might be because it only hits low 100s in GA during the summer.

Sorry to kinda switch the subject just a bit - but those of you running the intrepid fans did you do anything to close out the air gap from the firewall rearward to the radiator. I have the closeout from the firewall forward but am trying to get some ideas to close it out rearward.

Thanks
Jeff M
sorry I meant to say f body radiator instead of intrepid fans - I didn't want to start a new thread as it seems most people on here have upgraded both at the same time - sorry again to confuse anyone

On my Fbody radiator I didn't do anything but drop it in and put the top plate on.

On my Fbody radiator I didn't do anything but drop it in and put the top plate on.
Maybe this will be better off in its own thread but this is how my f body radiator fits , now this was just set in to get it out of my way more then a final install. But I was taken back by how open it is along the sides. I was looking for some ideas before I let my incediable fab skills come up with a solution.
Ps that’s sarcasm btw

Here is a pic of what I see
1CDA174A-1B99-4CD3-B7CC-A3F9957D97A0.jpeg

Back