What vacuum hoses can be eliminated

racecar_guido

So apparently after 27 years, vacuum hoses start to dry rot, crack, and blow apart under boost. I've come across posts saying what size hoses come off the vacuum block, but nothing saying what can be eliminated. I'm running a TurboTweak chip, so I believe the EGR is no longer necessary, and the cruise won't be used again, but what else can go? Do all of the lines see boost, or do some have check valves at the vacuum block so they only see a vacuum reference?

Well factory setup from front of vacuum block should be:

1. Block>2 Port Check Valve>Evap Canister
2. Block>2 Port Check Valve>"T">EGRV
______________________>"T">3 Port Check Valve>A/C Control Head
__________________________________________>Cruise Control Servo
3. Block>Fuel Pressure Regulator
4. Block>Map Sensor
5. Block>PCV Valve

If you don't use an EGR valve or cruise you could get rid of the "T" right behind the check valve between the FPR and the EGR Valve and connect the hard plastic line directly. Here is a picture as well.

upload_2014-8-17_17-33-25.png

I have totally stock vacuum line configuration right now. Can I disconnect and block vac lines to EGR and cruise? Will disconnection of egr give me an engine code? Any performance benefit? Thanks

I'm fairly certain if you disconnect the vacuum hose to the EGRV you will get a code 32. The EGR is not meant to work at WOT so there really is no performance benefit to having one or not having one although I am sure there is somebody who will disagree. Additionally, I believe the Turbo Tweak chips disable their function all together.