What Would You Do? Smc(alky) C-16

van460

BEEN DEBATING THE IDEA DO I TAKE MY 400.00 TO SPEND AND BUY THE C-16 FOR ALL IT BENEFITS OF BOOST CAPIBILITIES, OR GO WITH A GOOD ALKY KIT AND HAVE THE OPTION TO HAVE BEST OF BOTH? THE BARREL OF FUEL WILL RUN OUT, BUT THE KIT WILL LAST FOR A GOOD WHILE. SO MY QUESTION IS WILL I SEE THE SAME BENEFITS WITH THE ALKY AS I WOULD WITH THE GOOD FUEL, LIKE C-16? WANT TO BE SAFE WHEN I BOOST MY COMBO UP SOON. WILL THE ALKY ALLOW THE BOOST LIKE THE FUEL? AND WILL IT AT SOME POINT PUT ME IN A STOPPING POINT ON HP. I HAVE SEEN VERY HIGH BOOST NUMBERS WITH THE ALKY WHICH SEEM TO BE WHERE I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE MINE, BUT CANT DECIDE. I COULD SACRIFICE THE EXPENSIVE FUEL WITH LESS OCTANE AND IF I WAS SCARED OF DETINATION MIX THE TWO FOR THE SAFETY. GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS PLAN TO BE AT THE TRACK THIS YEAR, AND STREET DRIVE A LOT. THANKS VAN

STOP SHOUTING! (please)

you answered your own question....unless you just want to maximize your track performance, alky is the logical choice

with the proper tune and combo, C16 will always be faster but will be a bunch more $$$

Originally posted by azgn
with the proper tune and combo, C16 will always be faster but will be a bunch more $$$

IDK, JULIOS NEW PAC KIT HAS SO FAR EQUALED HIS BEST C16 TIME IIRC.

From what I have seen, Alky seems to be the way to go, for most of us (non 10 second fellas) unless you have a race only or lots of money to keep the C-16 in the car and extra O2 sensors. I think alky for the most part will be less expensive in the long run and will allow us to run higher boost with pump gas and you can always pull in to any hardware store and fill up with alky, for c-16 well its not as accessable. It is easier to but a can of alky in your trunk than it is to put a 50 gallon drum to run the same distance. Have fun either way.

as corey said, go with Julio's aka Razor PAC Kit(alkycontrol.com)I use Methenol for $1.50/gal & have been running 30lbs of boost w/no knock-in the beginning i started w/SMC, but cost me alot of money due to pump failure- not so w/Julio's set-up!!