What would you do? (with this combo)

wickedmotorhead

SQWURLY
Hey Guys,

I'm brand new to the GN/turbo/fuel injection/sensors/etc....game. I just got an 1987 GN with the following:

Engine was built by Cal Hartline with specs as follows:
.020" overbore, forged turbo pistons, speedpro rings, billet main caps, double roller, 210/210 cam, Champion GN1 aluminum heads, ported stock intake, ported stock intercooler, 40# injectors, dual fuel pumps, TE-60 turbo with polished compressor housing, Terry Houston 3" downpipe, ATR 3" crossflow dual exhaust, dual thermostatically controlled fans, external oil/trans cooler, new alternator, water pump, battery. PMAC tranny with raised stall stock converter.

What chip would you run for an every day driver and what readings should I be getting on the scanmaster? Is there anything that you would change to make it an everyday driver? What kind of timeslips do you think this combo has?

Sorry for all the questions, Im just blown away with all the information. This forum is sweet. Thanks for any help.

Shane

do a search of turbotweak or eric@turbotweak....for your chip...this man is the shiznit, so I hear..I ordered my chip last week...cant wait to get it. Def a solid 11 sec car.......you will have to read up on "street trim" and "race trim" and go to www.gnttype.org for damn near ANYTHING you want/need to know oabout the TR (turboregal).....

Welcome aboard....Im sure you will enjoy your car

I would go to 55 lb injectors and be done with it. Safer especially if you will be racing it hard.
Mitch

If you want to spend a little cash, I would do the Extender chip/Translator combo. It will give you lots of flexability with tuning, the ability to read all the air coming in, and you will be able to switch to a readily available LT-1/LS-1 MAF sensor once the stocker craps out.

Originally posted by Sleeper-6
If you want to spend a little cash, I would do the Extender chip/Translator combo. It will give you lots of flexability with tuning, the ability to read all the air coming in, and you will be able to switch to a readily available LT-1/LS-1 MAF sensor once the stocker craps out.

I agree. I used the LT1 (for sale), translator plus/extender chip (sold) and it was easy to change fuel and spark settings at both idle and WOT.

I would go woth the 10" lockup convertor, about 3000 3100 stall.

Oh, and a bigger throttle body, etc.

Call Steve Yaklin (Maxeffort) and listen to what he tells you to do. He has the fastest production ECM car out there going today (Roy Garcias car).