What you think?

84turbo6

i just bought an 87 a year ago an just started driving it, I had an 84 but someone offered me a really good price on it so I sold it. I love these cars I have been researching for awhile now mostly on the 84 so I got into the 87 researching, the car only has 45 thousand miles and has been takin well cared of almost no play, I'm looking to keep up with my friends as everybody is getting faster. I have a scratch pad and a few questions to ask p,ease help me as u all have before.
Okay the only upgrade I have done so far is remove the cat and put a test pipe.
The next upgrades I am doing is getting a scan master and all necessary gauges such as boost,temp ,oil.
I am not interested in any kind of race gas.
Next I will do the "racers first upgrade" big mouth cold air intake from gntype and ss MAF and translator from turbo tweak.
Next is the complete fuel system from fuel pump,Hotwire, fuel pressure regulator, should I get 42# or 60# ?not looking at being at the strip.
And a matching turbo tweak chip for which ever injectors which comes to my next question, when installing the tt chip will it turn up the boost? Or do I do that manually cuz I'm not to shure but I think the car has an adjustable waste gate, I don't want to turn up boost real crazy I don't want to hurt the car, just not shure if I should with these upgrades or leave it stock til I get a new turbo.
I was looking at the te 44 turbo next but I think I should beef up the tranny before I go any further, I was actually thinking of getting a spare to do that. I also have a 160* thermostat that I haven't put in yet.
Any Ideas?

I would go ahead and get the 60's their only 40 more dollars. The only way to turn the boost up is to do it manually threw the waste gate. You should also consider getting a adjustable fuel pressure regulator & gauge.

Fuel system, Fpr, 60#'s,TT-chip, scanmaster first , oil press, fuel pressure boost gauges same time, when the car is running correctly and all else is looking good then id think about turbo, converter , trans and Alky system..Thats if you wanna start pushing it

Alright cool so I'm off to a good start, will the bigger injectors make my car run rich? After the fuel system upgrades do you think a Dyno tune will help?

Alright cool so I'm off to a good start, will the bigger injectors make my car run rich? After the fuel system upgrades do you think a Dyno tune will help?
Getting bigger injectors won't make the car run rich. A dyno tune would help out alot after you get your combo finished, but if i were you i would just learn how everything operates and just do it yourself. I'm not a expert at tuning but for the most part all your really changing is Fuel,timing, and boost while managing no knock.

I think I would look at going MAFless with a speed density chip.

Bryan

complete fuel system from fuel pump,Hotwire, fuel pressure regulator
good start along with a scanmaster,boost gauge.since your new and don't have plans to be at the strip I would suggest you leave the car mostly stock till your ready for bigger boost, alky injection, sticky tires and a trans upgrade.a basic tt chip with your stock maf will get the job done without much tuning drama.keep it simple.

I think I would look at going MAFless with a speed density chip.

Bryan
Not for a noobie that doesn't want to race-yet.
KISS-keep it simple stupid.
Do the spring cleaning. Air intake, gauges, fuel system upgrades, tt chip to match, cat back exhaust, adjustable rod. You should have a mid 13 second ride and have fun. Once you learn more about tuning, etc, you can look at drag radials, alky, larger turbo and converter. In the meantime start saving for a built tranny just in case you want to go to the 11s...

You can go with the 42lb or the 60lb with the matching chip from TT , they both will perform just fine just depends how far you want to go for a goal . Keep it simple and enjoy driving the car and having fun that is what it is all about .

X4 on the 60s and a chip if you are buying new. I went 42s and matching chip for much less on the used market. I figure no one drives these cars very far any more so I'm pretty sure most of the used stuff is low mile.
An Alky kit is next on my list so I can crank up the boost.
Get ready to do a trans/converter if you up the power a bunch.
I like the tt chips mine is a 5.6 but the newer stuff is nifty too.
Do a bunch of reading. Knowledge is power with these cars.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thank you guys I will have fun, I had fun in the 84 this 87 kicks my a** , I have done the spring cleaning for the car about a month ago, I juss have to replace the rear main seal and il be ready to put the gauges and scan master in which I got for Christmas from myself :D