Whats are the differences?

IC'ed cars had a better intake manifold, throttle body not physically on the turbo, etc. Main diff is intake and IC.

Granted the hot air is slower than the intercooled, but numerically, the 84 and 85 are much more rare than and 86 or 87.
I have a '59 Le Sabre convertible with a 364. When it was new, it was a lot cheaper than the Invicta or Electra, and there were fewer made. Now it's the other way around.
I'm not saying that the hot air will be worth more when they all hit 40 years old, but one never knows.

And that's why I own 2 Hot Airs and 1 86 car. I thought along the same lines as that also, being that there were only about 5000 84 & 85 cars built each year. I always said they will stay hot air and when I fill the need for an intercooled car I will get one. I caught a deal on my 86 car but my hot airs take precedent over all. Making them go fast is a challenge for me and there is nothing like the smile on your face when you run some good times and no one can believe your running a hot air car. It is a big myth that these cars are slow and many people make the assumption without knowing anything about the hot airs. They just take a little more dedication and skill to make them run. And because they don't have an intercooler a bad tune will make a heck of a difference in performance compared to it's younger brothers. I constanly have to remind my intercooled brothers that constanly rag on me about converting my car over to remember one thing. If there was no me there would not be you. The 84 fuel injected car started it all and don't ever forget that.

Just my 2 $ worth- Boostmaster

ok, what all is interchangable? the car has been sitting for about 5 yrs and is going to need some work. When i start swapping parts and fixing problems i want to put good parts back in that help me toward my goal of daily driven 11's. any suggestions?

If you are asking what you need to swap to IC'ed it is a long laundry list and a lot of work. Do a search for it and you will see many have asked the same question.

Off the top of my head things you will need to convert:
lower intake
dog house
throttle body
throttle cable
cruise cable
pass side header
turbo
turbo oil feed line
turbo drain line
main accessory bracket
alt
ac compressor
crank pulley
water pump pulley
entire power steering setup
electric fan
shroud
87 wiring harness
87 ECM
87 MAF

and the list goes on and on.

My suggestion, get your car running in current config with maybe the 87 ECM/MAF swap, get a good chip from Turbotweak, scan tool, 340 fuel pump with hot wire, then have fun. If you decide to go faster get together all the parts from a vendor like Bweavy or intercooled88s, or buy a wrecked 86-87 so you have everything.