Whats in a GTA???

qbano65

Hey just wondering are the GTA's supercharged? If not what are they packing under the hood?

Originally posted by fly89gta

and the REALLY unfortunate GTA got the 5.0 auto :( i'd suck to have that! lol

Those are the oddball ones. Don't see many of them and some of them are fakes.

Hah, thats funny my buddy was telling me about how fast the GTA's are and how he would never race one. He said they were SC'd 5.7L:rolleyes:

Originally posted by qbano65
Hah, thats funny my buddy was telling me about how fast the GTA's are and how he would never race one. He said they were SC'd 5.7L:rolleyes:

your buddy needs a slap upside the head :D

Well the GTA was really a luxury package if you ask me. I mean you could get the engines in the reagular TA's, but the GTA had all those nice creatur comforts :)

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
The motors in the GTA's kinda looked like this....although this is in my truck :) good for low end torque
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/onebadwskier/images/tpidriverside.jpg

You would make some more power if you would get the air filter away from the radiator. It made about a .2sec difference on my old 350TPI in the 1/4. That was when I made a cold air induction system that went out into the fender and feed a 7" K&N cone that was sealed.
Not bad for a days work! and only around $60

Originally posted by Kyle F

You would make some more power if you would get the air filter away from the radiator. It made about a .2sec difference on my old 350TPI in the 1/4. That was when I made a cold air induction system that went out into the fender and feed a 7" K&N cone that was sealed.
Not bad for a days work! and only around $60
hehe, yes I know, thats an old pic just shortly after I installed the TPI. Hey, I beat that price for a cold air, I bought some 4" aluminum dryer vent tubing at Home Depot for $4.98 and a piece of 4" sewer pipe ($2) and connected an old 9" K&N filter I had laying around (free) to the end and made a bracket out of scrap metal and used sewer clamps to hold it all together and to the bracket I made and now its located over the passenger wheel where the stock air pickup used to be :) for less than $10 and about 2 hours of work, it don't look half bad either :)

I've got to get some new pics of it up on my site...got some new tall alum. valve covers on there now, looks alot better...

Well the GTA was really a luxury package if you ask me. I mean you could get the engines in the reagular TA's, but the GTA had all those nice creatur comforts :)

yeah for the most part it was, but u don't see too many regular T/A's with a L98 :)

My old one had an L98 in it. :)

like i said you don't see TOO many with them in there :D i know of one, well now 2 that have a L98...i love arguing with people when they say you couldn't get the L98 w/o the GTA package :rolleyes:

Its rumored that a few 86's got some, mine was one of them... maybe you didnt catch my sarcasm, I put an L98 roller block in it when I taosted the 305.
I have seen two that I know of that were factory L98's and my 305 busted on of theirs a$$es at the Track.
The guy was talking smack and one of my friends set up the grude race against my 305.
Well I won with a 14.6 to a 14.8 and he stop at the timing booth and got his slip and left.

Originally posted by qbano65

I think your buddy has the Pontiac GTP and GTA kinda mixed up