You can type here any text you want

whats it gonna take?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
whats it going to take for me to beat a completly bone stock 2000 corvette? Lots of boost for sure but any other suggestions. O ya i dont expect the driver to be very good at all. Mods in my sig.
I will try to take it to the track if possible i figure i will have a major advantage there with the race gas and better traction.And i dont want to kill my self racing on the streets.

Hey buddy

not much to beat one in a quarter that is just get some drag radials/slicks and make sure you can hold at least 5psi on the foot brake and thats it oh dont forget to heat them up

as for race gas put c116 but i doubt youll really need it up the boost to 18-19 more to hurt him

all that ive said should hold true if your car is in a good tune

is the car standard or automatic

Johnny

good luck and let us know

What kind of turbo is that? You better race from a roll, better odds that way.

hah are you kidding?and its a stage 3 cheetahturbo = to a TA49 or so. And i dont think racing a corvette from a roll is a good idea...

a 2000 automatic vette isnt that fast....runs about a 13.5-6 1/4 and about 5.0-1 to 60

trust me its possible to beat him from a stop with those tires BUT thats if your really good really really good in launhing that thing so i say dont try from a stop unless you have the tires

as for a roll you say when you want to go ive won some this way right as your ready gun it first then honk dont honk then gun it your not really cheating becuase of our turbo lag that way your in the boost when you both take off

Johnny

im not sure because you should blow those tires away from a roll also with that much boost

you shouldnt' have any problems doing it, as long as your sar is running right. I've beat a newer style vette, dont' know what year but some c5. it was at the track, if i remember right i beat him by a few tenths. keep in mind i'm racing at 5800ft, so his car wasnt' running all that great by sea level standards...mid 14's i think.

i'd only worry about a zo6, and the super rare c5r's a zo2 runs 12's and a c5r runs 10's, but its easy to spot a zo6 and c5r's pratically don't exist...

ya like most say the only thing iam worried about is my tires spinning like its some kinda burn out contest....
thanks for the replies

I'd race from a 20 mph roll best bet. 1. He has wider better tires. 2. The GN weight is much more then the Vette.

Originally posted by Inneedofabuick
its an automatic..... but sadly i will have to race him on very pitiful 215/60 street tires.

Why do you have to run him on those tiny tires?:confused:

Good luck, but I think you are going to have a hard time on those tires:(

Can't you borrow some?

Well lets see!!!!!

Unless you want to lose do not race him from a roll!!!! UNLESS you get some tires.. I own both a GN an a C5 an with a A-4 there only 2.73 in the rear unless its a optioned 3.27 rear. There a dog out the hole being a auto an with a steep gear, but say from a 20 or 30 roll they will just scream with that hi revving LS1 .. I can be rolling about 30 an hammer it an it will jerk sideways chirp an just hook like a mother.. But this is with 315/35/18's shouldn't be mush different then 275's. Its one thing to lose but another to lose knowing you could of one but was not prepared.. Hint hint "tires"!!!!! So get some stickys put them down to about 15 lbs, an let her rip.

ya i know they will be my down fall, I WILL TAKE DONATIONS TO MY TIRE FUND".;) Ya maby i should delyuntil i have the tires and their is no doubt in my mind who will win:cool:

Re: Well lets see!!!!!

Originally posted by RUQWKNF27
Unless you want to lose do not race him from a roll!!!! UNLESS you get some tires.. I own both a GN an a C5 an with a A-4 there only 2.73 in the rear unless its a optioned 3.27 rear. There a dog out the hole being a auto an with a steep gear, but say from a 20 or 30 roll they will just scream with that hi revving LS1 .. I can be rolling about 30 an hammer it an it will jerk sideways chirp an just hook like a mother.. But this is with 315/35/18's shouldn't be mush different then 275's. Its one thing to lose but another to lose knowing you could of one but was not prepared.. Hint hint "tires"!!!!! So get some stickys put them down to about 15 lbs, an let her rip.

What he said!

Hmmmmm, a completely bone stock C5 A4 car, it should only run about 14.0 @ 100mph. With what you have in your sig, all you need to do is not spin and you will anialate him. I ran one at the track and ran a 13.0@111 to his 14.0@99.8. It was a slaughter and was also the last run he made that night I am guessing out of embarrasment as it was only about 7:30 and racing went on till about 11. He wouldn't even look at me in the pits, talk about a sore loser.

Originally posted by 1badTTA
Hmmmmm, a completely bone stock C5 A4 car, it should only run about 14.0 @ 100mph. With what you have in your sig, all you need to do is not spin and you will anialate him. I ran one at the track and ran a 13.0@111 to his 14.0@99.8. It was a slaughter and was also the last run he made that night I am guessing out of embarrasment as it was only about 7:30 and racing went on till about 11. He wouldn't even look at me in the pits, talk about a sore loser.

14.0:confused: Maybe where you are at but at sea level if it's not running 13.5@105 or better something is WRONG!

I 2nd that!!!!!!!

Mine ran 13.27 @ 108 MPH bone stock.... Added headers cut the cats , flashe dthe pcm an donaldson an borlas on 315's went 12.87 @ 111 an thats stil with 2.73's in the rear.. But then again its got about 50 coats of zaino on the front....LOL... oh yea the rear too.....i'm not that lazy.. yet.......i'd like to see what it would do with a 100 shot an tires.. thinking @ least 12.0's

Back