You can type here any text you want

What's it worth 86 GN >?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

racerex1

I have a chance to buy a 60,000 mile 87 GN. It will be more than mine is worth I know. But if I was to sell mine what would be the offers. It's stock except for a caspers chip, wheels, and air intake. Oh and the stereo and gauges. Miles are 109,000 and no rust anywhere. It is 3:42 with posi. Car is very clean and paint is good. No cracks and has a good shine.

gn2.jpg

gn6.jpg

gn9.jpg

gn1.jpg

gn8.jpg

my eval

Right now I'd say about 8 to $9000 if everything checks out in good condition like you describe. Maybe around 10,000 in the spring if the market is better.

I have thought the same thing about my 84k mile car after owning it 8 years, that there may be something else I'd like, but lately have put those thoughts to rest. To be reasonable, if you know the history of the car and it is running good for you and in the nice shape, I wouldn't trade it for a 60k mile car that I didn't know that much about. Unless the other car is really special in some way, and then I wouldn't want to go more than $3000 difference. I sold a 50k mile car in 04 that was an eighth mile sprinter, that I miss quite often.

What city in central IL are you located? Put a new timing chain at some point and enjoy it:cool: I plan to drive mine more next year:cool:

Thats a nice looking car. Why sell it? Unless you know there are problems with the car that you dont feel like fixing, I agree with Tim, dont sell it for somebody elses problems unless you are getting the 60K car for $6k or so. Keep yours!

gaps or a little weird between the doors/fenders ?? whats up with that?

I have a chance to buy a 60,000 mile 87 GN. It will be more than mine is worth I know. But if I was to sell mine what would be the offers. It's stock except for a caspers chip, wheels, and air intake. Oh and the stereo and gauges. Miles are 109,000 and no rust anywhere. It is 3:42 with posi. Car is very clean and paint is good. No cracks and has a good shine.

gn2.jpg

gn6.jpg

gn9.jpg

gn1.jpg

gn8.jpg

9.5k in a good market.....

gaps or a little weird between the doors/fenders ?? whats up with that?

The door hinges have a little play in them. That is next on my list to fix. I may just hold onto mine. I would be looking for atleast 11k to even think about selling it. Mine is just as nice as the 87 but I was just thinking about the miles. Mine has had a new chain, new valve springs, new rear end bearings , as well as a rebuilt stock turbo and dynatech rebuilt the trans 6 months ago.

Back