You can type here any text you want

What's it worth?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

justin84

done
Opinions would be great!

Attachments

• stage 2.jpg
    stage 2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 562
  • stage 2 4.jpg
    stage 2 4.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 556
  • stage 2 2.jpg
    stage 2 2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 566
  • stage 2 6.jpg
    stage 2 6.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 565
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 560
It all depends on what the Bore, crank stroke & rod length is. Post that info and you'll get a better idea of what its worth.

Chris

Believe me, I would love to. The woman who it came from was a widow of a Buick Engineer here in Flint. She said that it was never in one of his cars and it just sat in the garage for years and years. I know very minimal things about this. I know it is special but do not know how special.... It has the power 6 logo on the heads and an Edelbrock s2v6 stamped on it (stage 2 v6?). Can you tell anything by looking at it?

Believe me, I would love to. The woman who it came from was a widow of a Buick Engineer here in Flint. She said that it was never in one of his cars and it just sat in the garage for years and years. I know very minimal things about this. I know it is special but do not know how special.... It has the power 6 logo on the heads and an Edelbrock s2v6 stamped on it (stage 2 v6?). Can you tell anything by looking at it?

Here is a ball park guess.....

Block $2000+ Depending on Bore size & casting # & if it has 4 bolt mains on all for caps
Heads $1000/$1500 depending on ports & rockers
Crank $1000+ if it has 3.50/3.625 stroke
Rods $500
Misc $500
Maybe $5000 complete

That being said, If its a destroked engine with large bore and only the center two caps have 4 bolt mains.......$3000

Thats my best guess, But I'm sure there will be several people here that can give you a little better insite then me.

Hope this helps :smile:

I knew I did good but I had no idea how good I did.... I guess it was worth doing head gaskets as a trade!!! This is not all I got, not even close! Pretty stoked!!!

That's either an ASA, ARCA, or Busch motor. Probably 4.5 litres (274 ci). 4.XXX bore and either a 3.625 or 3.590 stroke crank.

It may have 9:1 pistons if it was a late ASA motor. Probably titanium valves. Roller cam with not enough lobe separation for a good turbo application (around 107 degrees.)

$5,000 is probably on the mark. Not too hard to convert to SFI turbo, either. It's somewhere between 450 and 550 HP as it sits (depending on CR.)

Good score!

I think Mac is right. It looks like an ex Busch GN engine. The distributorless ignition may have been added later. I believe it's an On center due to the 4bbl intake with a taller carb flange. The only thing that makes me question myself is that the heads look like they may be older due to the exhaust port work with a square port shape. Post some more pics with the pan off, casting #'s etc.

Neal

eng.

I think Mac is right. It looks like an ex Busch GN engine. The distributorless ignition may have been added later. I believe it's an On center due to the 4bbl intake with a taller carb flange. The only thing that makes me question myself is that the heads look like they may be older due to the exhaust port work with a square port shape. Post some more pics with the pan off, casting #'s etc.

Neal

Appears to be off-center to me.

Appears to be off-center to me.

Lee, it is an off center motor. I am seperating everything before anything goes up for sale. Out of the 6 I am going to keep three for myself and the other stage motors will be trading power only "Mr. Weaver most likely". The other motors are 1994 stage 2.....

Back