You can type here any text you want

What's the cause?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Just switched over to a new vacume brake system from G-Body and bled the brakes. When the car is running I can feel the brake pedal slowly creeping towards the floor from about midpoint down. It's hard initially and feels fairly normal, but the slow creep bothers me. I've never driven a TR with these brakes, is this normal or do I have something else going on?

Did you bench bleed the master?

Did the fluid come out with absolutely no bubbles when bleeding at the wheels?

If the answer is yes to these questions, then it sounds like the classic "master cylinder" is bypassing" or leaking internally. I would try to bleed again and make sure all air is out. HTH.

I did not bench bleed the master but I'm pretty certain there was no air coming out at the wheels. I will put my vacume bleeder on again and really bleed the piss out of them and see what happens.

Bench bleeding and bleeding at the wheels serves 2 different purposes.

Bench bleeding gets the air out of the master cylinder. Bleeding at the wheels gets the air out of the brake lines. You can't get the air out of the master cylinder by bleeding at the wheels. That's why bench bleeding exists.

Evenso, if your pedal is slowly sinking and does not stop until it hits the floor, your master cylinder isn't working correctly. That's the sign of dying or imporperly installed seals. If it sinks a little and stops, or just has a spongy feel to it, it's just air.

HTH
Z

Back