whats the deal w/E85

No, it's just come up in conversation mostly talking about race applications when fuel options are discussed. C16 has been around $17/gallon around here so people are looking at more alternatives.

You can buy it in a drum from rocket brand fuels. I've heard a 55 gal drum is about $200. Still cheaper than race but should be consistent. I've used rocket brand's 118 with good success so i would trust anything they make. As long as you know the percentage you're ok. If the ethanol content is less than 85%, then you may not be able to lean on the tune as hard.
$17/gal for race fuel is getting insane. We pay about $15 for c16 out here still. c16 eats my plugs which are now $3.50/each, racing gets more and more expensive. My ngk's are lasting a long time with this fuel....another plus. I switched over for the cost and availability. The rocket brand race fuel is 2 hours away, and I do not have a direct contact to buy it. The c/q16 is 50 minutes away and freaking expensive. The closest e85 pump is 15 minutes away and they are open 24 hours and its $3/gal :)

Not to hijack this thread, but how far can I get with a Walboro 340, #60 injectors, a TE-44, 212 / 212 cam, and Champion Irons, with E85 before I run out of pump / injector?

Mid 11s at best, injectors are your weakest link right now

what will happen when the Eth subsides sunset?

WSJ reported on thursday that the ethanol industry in the US gets $6B/year subsidies from federal govt. supposedly on the chopping block for budget crunch. i've never thought turning food into fuel was a good idea, but people may as well race it if its available.

sorry, too political for this technical thread. just pointing out that the E85 option could change significantly in price and availability in near term.

blah, blah, blah
I would much rather
burn up them there tortillas
than touch or eat 'em
blah, blah, blah

your pre-pubescent hack (did your jr. higher kids teach it to you on facebook?) would have higher entertainment value if you used some sort of literary device - perhaps try a haiku next time. you were sooooo close!

your pre-pubescent hack (did your jr. higher kids teach it to you on facebook?) would have higher entertainment value if you used some sort of literary device - perhaps try a haiku next time. you were sooooo close!

Two many big werds their four me 2 understand wut u r seying.

In case you missed it, we are talking about using e85 in our cars. We could give a crap less about your political beliefs. Go back to your political section...kthanks

WSJ reported on thursday that the ethanol industry in the US gets $6B/year subsidies from federal govt. supposedly on the chopping block for budget crunch. i've never thought turning food into fuel was a good idea, but people may as well race it if its available.

sorry, too political for this technical thread. just pointing out that the E85 option could change significantly in price and availability in near term.

There are plenty of other viable sources available, sawgrass, sugar cane, etc...Look at what Brazil has done, they are totally energy independant.

You can buy it in a drum from rocket brand fuels. I've heard a 55 gal drum is about $200. Still cheaper than race but should be consistent. I've used rocket brand's 118 with good success so i would trust anything they make. As long as you know the percentage you're ok. If the ethanol content is less than 85%, then you may not be able to lean on the tune as hard.
$17/gal for race fuel is getting insane. We pay about $15 for c16 out here still. c16 eats my plugs which are now $3.50/each, racing gets more and more expensive. My ngk's are lasting a long time with this fuel....another plus. I switched over for the cost and availability. The rocket brand race fuel is 2 hours away, and I do not have a direct contact to buy it. The c/q16 is 50 minutes away and freaking expensive. The closest e85 pump is 15 minutes away and they are open 24 hours and its $3/gal :)

Just spoke with Rockett Brand fuel, and there distributer (Knoll Brothers) 55 gal drum is $508.75. If you buy 2 drums its $495.00 each. 5 gal. drums are $64.00 HTH

Just spoke with Rockett Brand fuel, and there distributer (Knoll Brothers) 55 gal drum is $508.75. If you buy 2 drums its $495.00 each. 5 gal. drums are $64.00 HTH

That's not worth it to me. I will stick to my pump gas and test each fill up.

carkicker,
just check out E85 Technical Forum.
Conrad