You can type here any text you want

Whats the difference guys??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HADA1987GNX

Im new to the whole GN game. Im starting from scratch. I need advice on a block to start with. Stage I or II whats better? how do I get one?? I mean what cars have the stage II engine??? Is there a stage II 4.1 liter?? are they roller motors?

Stage 1 or 2 motors are hard to find and the parts/buildup for these is extremely expensive. I would lean toward the s2 as being able to make more power, but if you are putting a motor back into a daily driver, go with a stock block. If you have the money go for it...:cool:

Stage 1 and 2's were not in production GN'S. These were high performance blocks that Buick developed for the Indy and Nascar series. Stage 2's are better over S1 things like 4 bolt mains, deck height, oiling are of better choice. These blocks are rare and hard to find and very expensive to build. Most of the S1 and S2's out there is junk so be VERY careful. IMO not the worth the headache or the money unless you want a full blown race GN and even then I would go with the TA Block http://www.taperformance.com/v6_block_flyer.htm

For a daily driver I would build a 109 block (stock GN motor) plenty of guys running 9's with them. With products like GN1R heads and girdles, with some knowledge on tuning these cars, you will be good to go. Good Luck:cool:

I could type for hours on S1 and S2 use the search feature for this forum, You will find the rest of any questions you may have. ;)

If you decide to go S1 or S2 you can easily have 15k in the motor alone. :eek:

Originally posted by njturbo
For a daily driver I would build a 109 block (stock GN motor) plenty of guys running 9's with them. With products like GN1R heads and girdles, with some knowledge on tuning these cars, you will be good to go. Good Luck:cool:

There may be plenty of 9 sec 109 block cars here, I wont argue that, But i dont htink there is one that is a DAILY DRIVER,They may be driven but not as a primary daily driver

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
There may be plenty of 9 sec 109 block cars here, I wont argue that, But i dont htink there is one that is a DAILY DRIVER,They may be driven but not as a primary daily driver

I think we all misunderstand daily driver, to me a daily driver is a car that you can take to WAWA for coffee and maybe a trip to work once in a while without running 5,000RPM at 40MPH. Some may look at a daily driver as every day the car is fired up and taken to work or to drop the kids off at Football practice. I would build a mean 109 block if it was a true ever day driver. IMO it is a waist of time and money to build a S1 or S2 as a daily everyday driver. We have 3 cars running 10's that could be used as a daily driver here in Toms River, they all have very good street manners and have all accessories in them. :cool:

THANKS FOR YOU HELP, LET ME GET THIS STRAIT.

Ok, the aluminum block, stage I, and stage II are out of the question because they are not worth the price for a daily driver. Cool. Im on not much of a budget, and the car will be used for street/ strip. and it will have to be a daily driver. SO, the 109 block is the way to go huh? how do I find one? Can I pull one from the junk yard??? How do I identify one.

One last thing, WHAT ABOUT THE 4.0 buick motor. Is that worth building for what I need?

Back